Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > IMP

Notices

Old 01-28-2009, 05:35 PM   #31
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Isn't that kind of difficult when I don't have an ETI device? (I know you are sad for me. )

BOb
There is no need for an ETI device. The new ePUB format does not work with ETI devices anyway.

I have found the ePUB creation does not build a correct TOC in the ePUB file (.ncx) and thus ADE will not read the file. It opens it but does not display any pages. I do not know if the Sony reader will read it. I have found that the eBook Viewer that is part of Calibre will read the file. I haven't tried FBReader yet.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:39 PM   #32
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
There is no need for an ETI device. The new ePUB format does not work with ETI devices anyway.

I have found the ePUB creation does not build a correct TOC in the ePUB file (.ncx) and thus ADE will not read the file. It opens it but does not display any pages. I do not know if the Sony reader will read it. I have found that the eBook Viewer that is part of Calibre will read the file. I haven't tried FBReader yet.

Dale
I hope it's ADE that's the culprit here and not ETI!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:40 PM   #33
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Ok,

So I need a good test plan with well written test cases.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:45 PM   #34
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Ok,

So I need a good test plan with well written test cases.

BOb
Only need one test case to start off with. For now, the one I previously posted may be the best test case to try.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:49 PM   #35
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
I hope it's ADE that's the culprit here and not ETI!
FBReader 0.10.2 on windows behaves like ADE but does not show any errors.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:51 PM   #36
nrapallo

Quote:
FBReader 0.10.2 on windows behaves like ADE.

Dale
Industry Standard NOT!

Hopefully, these are growing pains and we will eventually get there!
Old 02-20-2009, 07:59 AM   #37
nrapallo

Updated eBook Publisher software now posted at ETI website

Quote:

Dale
A updated version 2.3.9 has been released, which seems to properly generate and include the .ncx file into .epubs. I don't know though if this will help ADE/FBReader open/read the eBook Publisher created .epubs.

Not sure what else has been changed in this version but I like the fact that new versions are coming out... (can't wait for v2.3.10 )
Old 02-20-2009, 08:26 AM   #38
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
A updated version 2.3.9 has been released, which seems to properly generate and include the .ncx file into .epubs. I don't know though if this will help ADE/FBReader open/read the eBook Publisher created .epubs.

Not sure what else has been changed in this version but I like the fact that new versions are coming out... (can't wait for v2.3.10 )
me too ! off to download the new version. thanks for the info !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:37 AM   #39
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
me too ! off to download the new version. thanks for the info !
The new version's .epubs still don't seem to open in ADE.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:22 AM   #40
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
The new version's .epubs still don't seem to open in ADE.
arg ! so close, and yet still so far... well, as you said, at least we know they're working on it, and that is good news. i guess we just have to keep watching...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote