Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-17-2014, 08:42 AM   #46
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadahowa View Post
that it great tutorial thanks a lot, he save my kindle, working for me perfectly.
just a question, the amazon store is empty is normal ?

Thanks a lot Panopticon for this work.
Yup -
Your Kindle must be both registered and able to reach Amazon to use their store.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:08 AM   #47
kadahowa
kadahowa began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 1
another question is about wikipedia, when i do searching for any word, i have problem to get acces on the server, he say to try again.

Plz any help ??
kadahowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:15 AM   #48
kadahowa

May be configuration iptables block all services whose wikipedia an socials networks ?
Old 10-17-2014, 12:41 PM   #49
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes to both posts.

"Calling Home" is "Calling Home" regardless of the feature name.

The iptables rules (for the BBB Filter that I wrote) are in the User's storage as a plain text file.
Comment out those Amazon servers you need to reach.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:47 PM   #50
kadahowa

Plz Knc1, whats about Deprecated instructions ? is valid for this tutorial ?
because i have not use for fake-register.

Thanks
Old 10-17-2014, 08:54 PM   #51
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Plz Knc1, whats about Deprecated instructions ? is valid for this tutorial ?
because i have not use for fake-register.

Thanks
Use the KUAL button-set add-in:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=26

I **think** the amazon-net document is included in the archive, if not, the original source is here:
http://hg.minimodding.com/repos/sys/...amazon-net.txt

Hmm...
I now have a 2014, KT2 - -
I suppose it is time to see if Amazon has reconfigured their network.

Last edited by knc1; 10-17-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:51 AM   #52
kadahowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Use the KUAL button-set add-in:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=26

I **think** the amazon-net document is included in the archive, if not, the original source is here:
http://hg.minimodding.com/repos/sys/...amazon-net.txt

Hmm...
I now have a 2014, KT2 - -
I suppose it is time to see if Amazon has reconfigured their network.
well, i have trying the BBB firewal, nothing, all services ( facebook,twiter,wikipedia) doesn't work maybe like you say is time to see if amazon has reconfigured their network.

i m wait your new configuration, best regard
Old 10-18-2014, 08:16 AM   #53
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
well, i have trying the BBB firewal, nothing, all services ( facebook,twiter,wikipedia) doesn't work
- - - - -
That is the expected (and intended) behavior - it is blocking all access to Amazon (those services are proxy'd by Amazon).

You have to switch back to the Amazon firewall rules to use those services (there is a KUAL button for that).
Old 10-18-2014, 01:46 PM   #54
kadahowa

Quote:
That is the expected (and intended) behavior - it is blocking all access to Amazon (those services are proxy'd by Amazon).

You have to switch back to the Amazon firewall rules to use those services (there is a KUAL button for that).
even if use the default rules for amazon firewal those services doesn't work

Old 10-18-2014, 01:58 PM   #55
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
even if use the default rules for amazon firewal those services doesn't work

Is your Kindle actually registered with Amazon?
Old 10-18-2014, 02:22 PM   #56
kadahowa

Quote:
Is your Kindle actually registered with Amazon?
so, i don't know, I bought from marchand in the internet is used kindle, this is way i used this tutorial, in first use the kindle, i found unregistred. all services is desactived (collection, wikipedia ....) but now after jailbreak and use a fake-register all the services are enabled, and only (wiki,face,twiter) no need to connect.

The marchand mentioned the serial number of this e-book has been deleted, which means rigister or access to amazon or kindle's official website is impossible.
Old 10-18-2014, 02:36 PM   #57
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
The marchand mentioned the serial number of this e-book has been deleted, which means rigister or access to amazon or kindle's official website is impossible.
What does menu -> settings -> menu -> device info
list for your serial number?

**DO NOT** post your complete serial number!
Just the first four characters and 'x' for any others.

Last edited by knc1; 10-18-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:24 PM   #58
kadahowa

Quote:
What does menu -> settings -> menu -> device info
list for your serial number?

**DO NOT** post your complete serial number!
Just the first four characters and 'x' for any others.
Serial number : B024 xxxx xxxx xxxx
Old 10-18-2014, 03:55 PM   #59
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Serial number : B024 xxxx xxxx xxxx
So your merchant lied.
The serial number is not erased.

The services that do not work with a fake registration require an actual registration.

I would suggest that you remove the fake-registration hack and then just try to register the device on your Amazon account.

The worst that can happen is that the registration attempt will fail because the device is black-listed.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:10 PM   #60
kadahowa

Quote:
So your merchant lied.
The serial number is not erased.

The services that do not work with a fake registration require an actual registration.

I would suggest that you remove the fake-registration hack and then just try to register the device on your Amazon account.

The worst that can happen is that the registration attempt will fail because the device is black-listed.
I think the kindle is black-listed, i tried the normal registration, he return an error.

so i must content myself with other services or try to change the serial number if it possible of corse

Thanks a lot knc1 your are very serviable

Tags
collections, fake registration, hacks, paperwhite, registration