Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-20-2011, 05:00 AM   #1
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
(sony 650) how to send books by series and numbers ?

First of all, sorry for my bad english,and I am dislectic,and had only one year english lessons, it is hard to find answers and keywords.

I have a Sony 650 (2 by the way) and I have a large serie of books called Baantjer.
It's a detective.
I have edited the metadata, gives the book the label Baantjer, give the book the seriename baantjer and I give all the books the right number so book one has the Author name Baantjer, The title, The label Name Baantjer,And the serie name Baantjer, with the number of the book.

When,pressed on Baantjer,Serie, in Calibre the books are displayed nicely in the order of the serie, so book number one is the first in the row.
So I send book 1 to 60 to the reader.

But when I open the books in the Sony 650 ( set with the option show book by adding ) it has a collection Baantjer, but the books are alphabetically ordered.
When I send the books one by one with calibre, starting with number one, number two and so on, the books are exactly in that order placed in the reader.
So book that I added the first is number one, the book I added the second is number 2.
But when I send the whole batch in one time, no matter what I try, the collection name is ok, but the sequence of the books are not.
So Calibre doesn't send the book I numbered 1 first, then the book with number 2 as second.
It just send them alphabetically ordered and the collection is a mess.

How can I manage Calibre so that it stores book 1 as first on the reader, book number 2 as second...

I tried the options, import/export,send book to device.
I put the first option on manual.
At the saving options line I tried:
{author_sort}/{title} - {authors} - {series} - {series_index} and
{series} - {series_index} - {author_sort}/{title} - {authors}

But with no result.

Who can help me with this.
I want calibre to send the book collection in the order I have numbered them to my sony device.
So that book one is actually book one.

Try to make it more clear:
On the computer it nicely shows

Title of the book, Author, Label, Serie,Number

For example:
murder,Baantjer,Baantjer,Baantjer,1
killer,Baantjer,Baantjer,Baantjer,2
passion,Baantjer,Baantjer,Baantjer,3

When send one by one, they appear exactly in that sequence in the book.
When I send them all together,the result in the reader is:
killer,Baantjer,Baantjer,Baantjer,2
murder,Baantjer,Baantjer,Baantjer,1
passion,Baantjer,Baantjer,Baantjer,3

Calibre send it alphabetically, not following the book numbers described in the metadata serie that I give the right number.

Last edited by Nick_1964; 03-20-2011 at 05:11 AM. Reason: try to make it more clear
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:13 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Moderator Notice
Moved to appropriate sub-forum
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:25 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1964 View Post
But when I open the books in the Sony 650 ( set with the option show book by adding ) it has a collection Baantjer, but the books are alphabetically ordered.
If the collection was created via a Series called Baantjer the books in that collection would be in series order. If the collection was created via a tag called Baantjer the books in that collection would be in alphabetical order.

Quote:
But when I send the whole batch in one time, no matter what I try, the collection name is ok, but the sequence of the books are not.
The collection must be created via a tag and not series or it would be in series order. I use the following setup to ensure my kids that their books are in order I use the custom columns and plugboard described under General Metadata in this sticky post (see attached).

I also created a column as outlined by jackie_w and set the sony_collection_sorting_rules tweak accordingly. Also read this thread by jackie_w for good "how to" instructions. For all of Jackie_w's instruction don't forget to have metadata management set to automatic.

I also set the Specify renaming rules for Sony collections to:

Code:
# Specify renaming rules for SONY collections

sony_collection_name_template = '{value} {category:|(|)}'
sony_collection_renaming_rules = {'series': 'Series'}
This adds (Series) after collections created by series and leaves collections created by tags plain.

Good Luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plugboard.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	309.3 KB
ID:	68656  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 03-20-2011 at 05:40 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:38 AM   #4
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for your reply.. this is not so easy as I think it would be...
I have to study on this all.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:41 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Thanks for your reply.. this is not so easy as I think it would be...
I have to study on this all.
It actually is easier then it looks, focus on jackie_w's two links I pointed to.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 03-20-2011 at 05:45 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:50 AM   #6
Nick_1964
Bookworm

Just to be clear,the name in the book is okay, the sequence that calibre send them is not,and the book remembers the sequence, but I have now some ,how to say.. handles ??
The only curse in this thing is that in order to see how things are stored you have to disconnect the cables,wait.. see of it's okay,reconnect,.. dingdong.. sony connected... yes I know.. I put the cable in... ding dong sony disconnected... I know stupid computer, I just disconnected the cable

I figured it oud, I save this for future needings
Thank you very much for your patience.

Last edited by Nick_1964; 03-20-2011 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Thanks
Old 03-20-2011, 03:51 PM   #7
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
The problem I see is, making collections from two different entries (series and tag) have the same value.

If you make a collection using Series Baanjter, don't also make a collection using Tag Baanjter.

One or the other. Or change one slightly.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:58 PM   #8
Nick_1964
Bookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
The problem I see is, making collections from two different entries (series and tag) have the same value.

If you make a collection using Series Baanjter, don't also make a collection using Tag Baanjter.

One or the other. Or change one slightly.
The solution was simple for the 650 indeed, don't make both tags, Series was enough, it also makes a tag ( and a collection on the 650 ) and Calibre follows the number.
Another way would be rename the episode by 1.name of book.epub, 2.name of book.epub etc. etc. but the series tag was enough, I have to drop the name tag,indeed not using them both together.

But without you people I would now still be searching for the solution.
Thanks again !
Old 07-20-2011, 03:16 PM   #9
Shirlz
Shirlz began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for this thread. I am having a similar issue. I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure this one out. I think the information posted here should be very helpful in resolving this issue. I really appreciate it.
Shirlz is offline   Reply With Quote