Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-23-2018, 02:41 AM   #1
Jean
Zealot
Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx / Kindle 1 / ebookwise 1150 / Kindle Fire / Kindle Paperwhite
CC on Kindle Fire

I have a custom column in Calibre to indicate read/unread. The information transfers over to CC on my android phone with no problem and I can sort/group my books to only show the unread books.

On my Fire however, while the information will be present on the description page for the book, when I try to sort/group to only show unread books, CC says "No books match the search".

Is there a way to get CC to only show unread books on my Fire?
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 04:21 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
See our FAQs How do I add my custom columns to the Grouping drawer? and How do I add custom columns to the sort menu?. Note that you must have connected your Fire to calibre as a wireless device at least once for CC to know about the column.

You might also be interested in the FAQ section Marking books read and syncing that information with calibre.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:19 PM   #3
Jean
Zealot
Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I already have the custom column added. It works fine on my android phone, it just doesn't work on my Fire.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:34 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean View Post
I already have the custom column added. It works fine on my android phone, it just doesn't work on my Fire.
Defining the custom column in calibre is not sufficient. You must also tell CC that the column exists. My guess is that you did that on your Android phone some time in the past but have not yet done that on your Fire. Check CC Settings / Grouping drawer / Group/sort on custom columns.

Given that the Amazon and Google versions of CC are identical, you could also do a settings backup on the Android phone then restore those settings on the Fire.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 03:33 PM   #5
Jean
Zealot

That worked! Thank you so much. I apparently forgot that step. Hazards of an old brain I guess.