Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 10-22-2018, 05:53 PM   #1
codrutp
codrutp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
beginner question about epub to kindle

I have some epubs which I would like to convert to azw3 in order to read them on my Kindle Oasis. Is there any python script or simple application which does that (without having to install Calibre)? I have seen that the Amazon Kindle Previewer can do that but I am not certain how.
codrutp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:47 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
The kindlegen command line program from Amazon will do it.

Calibre has ebook-convert command line, but it might require other parts of calibre as well.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:17 PM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
If you want azw3 and are not going to use calibre then I recommend using Kindle Previewer since it is Amazon's currently supported method for local e-book conversion.

Use File->Open to select your EPUB file and then File->Export to save a Master MOBI that it creates. The Master MOBI contains both the old MOBI format along with KF8 (azw3) format in a single file.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote