Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-12-2016, 10:03 AM   #1
Graebeard_
Graebeard_ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS650
Sort books by filename

I saved a number of magazine articles using a "yyyy-mm - magazine name" format and want to sort them by this column. However, when I Add them, the titles are not the filenames, but taken from metadata ( I guess). If I check the metadata box in the Add books section, it loses some of the other tag info.

So, is there a way to create a new column that uses the filename as shown in Windows Explorer?
Graebeard_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:06 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graebeard_ View Post
I saved a number of magazine articles using a "yyyy-mm - magazine name" format and want to sort them by this column. However, when I Add them, the titles are not the filenames, but taken from metadata ( I guess). If I check the metadata box in the Add books section, it loses some of the other tag info.

So, is there a way to create a new column that uses the filename as shown in Windows Explorer?
Not that I know of.
The original name can get changed during the Add phase

BTW I file my Magazines as a Series
eg Analog SF and F [2010.04] year dot month or just issue number for the index
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2016, 11:13 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
did you know that you can use metadata from Filename (with the proper template) to ADD
and then use Metadata Edit to read internal metadata? (the brown book on the left)

(just don't Polish or do something to cause a change to the book BEFORE you do)

You can NOT use Bulk Mode MDE to set other than cover
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
columns, filename, sort