Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-05-2021, 06:55 PM   #16
JanKo
JanKo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Reading App
Hello,
I am using Send to Kindle to transfer ebooks I am buying from local eshop to my Kindle Reading App. I got the eshops sending address approved in my preferences. All files since first half of january need to be verified, even I am using what is considered secure kindle address (upper/lower case and symbols too). My problem with verification is, that the verification message is sent to the sender of the file (back to eshop). Not to me as device owner, so I am not able to hit the verify button. Before this problem occurred everything worked flawlessly for years.

Is anyone receiving files from other than his/her on-Amazon-registered mail? Do you have same problem?

Thanks
JanKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 10:09 PM   #17
kindleclaus
kindleclaus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2019
So this is actually the reason why I wasnt able to receive any more documents and of course Amazons CS never mentioned any of this.
All my whitelisted emails stopped working. I used to have gmx, then created outlook and now it seems only gmail works? On top I have to be lucky in some way?
Amazon has no official statement on how to make this work without testing around?
kindleclaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:10 PM   #18
Square
Square began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
This problem is so annoying. The email address I send my ebooks to is a random bunch of characters totally distinct from my email address. All of a sudden I have to verify every document sent. Changing my kindle email address has no effect.

I can't set up 2-step verification for gmail because I don't have a phone.
Square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 05:21 PM   #19
Yammerhant
Yammerhant began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
I had an online chat with an Amazon representative today and they told me that the verification could not be turned off, despite the verification email clearly implying that this was the case.

For me, the only email service that now works is Gmail. No doubt Amazon will remedy this before too long
Yammerhant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 04:54 AM   #20
nicole ridgway
Enthusiast
nicole ridgway began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite [10th generation]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Square View Post
I can't set up 2-step verification for gmail because I don't have a phone.
Try via PC with your phone number, or a friend's phone number. they can send an sms. I use gmail and I don't have this problem anymore
nicole ridgway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 03:28 AM   #21
astro70.1
astro70.1 began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 4
It works perfect !! Thanks CathyA
astro70.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 05:40 PM   #22
mempho
mempho began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Worked for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
Gmail works fine with Calibre. In your Gmail account, turn on 2-Step Verification and then generate an App Password for use with Calibre. Here's Google's Help: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833

In Calibre, the "Send email from" needs to be the Gmail username that's whitelisted in your Amazon account, Hostname is smtp.gmail.com, Port is 587, username is the Gmail username again, Password is the app password you generated specifically for Calibre, and TLS is selected.

I just sent a book this morning and Amazon did not ask me for verification.
This worked for me. Took an afternoon, but after jumping through all the hoops, it worked. I had a GMX mail account that worked for 10 years but I think GMX changed, or Amazon changed. Hope this works for another 10 years. Thanks, Cathy.
mempho is offline   Reply With Quote