Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
Elijay
Elijay began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Hello From Portsmouth Hampshire

I joined to find solutions as the 'not so proud' owner of a Sony RS-650. For an expensive bit of kit it has driven me round the bend. I've had it for over 12 months but I had so many issues with it I put it to one side.

I could quite easily read Kindle books on my iPad & iPhone so I tended to use those, but they were no good for library books.

I have now got the Sony up and running with a borrowed library book installed. It has taken the best part of a day, lots of uninstalling and reinstalling, turning PC on and off. In the end I gave the Sony a jolly good talking to with a hard reset.

I really hope that these problems will be a thing of the past and that I will be able to use it with confidence.

If Amazon can offer easy to use idiot proof products why on earth can't Sony? And it's very obvious that ebooks from Amazon are more affordable than any other UK ebook retailer. That's something to be taken into account when considering buying a reading device.

IMHO Sony has too many fingers in too many pies and trades on it's product name. Complacency leads to downfall, after all Kodak has just filed for bankruptcy, Sony really shouldn't be resting on their laurels

Liz

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-21-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Elijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards, Elijay
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2012, 06:41 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Liz and welcome to MobileRead. I had a Sony 505 for over three years and it worked fine. And I now have a T1 with which I am pleased. Mind you it did have some firmware issues and I had to delete and reload every book to get it working. But other than that it's been fine.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hard reset, prs-650, sony 650