Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-23-2011, 10:36 AM   #1
Snausage
Snausage is no ebook tyro.Snausage is no ebook tyro.Snausage is no ebook tyro.Snausage is no ebook tyro.Snausage is no ebook tyro.Snausage is no ebook tyro.Snausage is no ebook tyro.Snausage is no ebook tyro.Snausage is no ebook tyro.Snausage is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Reader Wifi
Kobo Reader WiFi Firmware Problem

Hi, I'm looking for a little help, as the Kobo software and website doesn't seem to offer any.

My Kobo WiFi experiences a variety of bugs, such as losing page position, showing incorrect chapter position in the 'Now Reading' section, displaying the wrong book cover when in sleep mode, and most recently, books are completely without words or image on their pages. Yes, it no longer even performs its core function.

I just found out that Kobo has offered some firmware updates since the Kobo WiFi was launched. I never would have known because it seems my device has another bug - it doesn't prompt me for firmware updates.

So here's the situation, my Kobo WiFi says it has firmware version 99.99 r18641 Sep 23 2010. The desktop software has never attempted to update it, nor has connecting the device to wifi. Does anyone know if there's a way to fix this?
Snausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:45 AM   #2
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Where did you get this unit?
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2011, 10:46 AM   #3
Snausage
Snausage is no ebook tyro.Snausage is no ebook tyro.Snausage is no ebook tyro.Snausage is no ebook tyro.Snausage is no ebook tyro.Snausage is no ebook tyro.Snausage is no ebook tyro.Snausage is no ebook tyro.Snausage is no ebook tyro.Snausage is no ebook tyro.

I originally bought it from a Coles book store in 2010. I believe it's out of warranty now.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:51 AM   #4
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
The version 99.99 was deployed to a few demonstration units which would not get an upgrade. (hence a high version number). It appears that you may have erroneously been sold one of these. Email me at shasan at kobo dot com and we'll get you sorted.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:55 AM   #5
emilikins
Short One in the Stacks
emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: HTC Flyer; Kobo WiFi
Quote:
It appears that you may have erroneously been sold one of these. Email me at shasan at kobo dot com and we'll get you sorted.
Good job, Kobo I hope it all gets sorted out!
emilikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #6
Snausage

To follow-up: Kobo promptly shipped me out a brand new reader; no hoop-jumping required. Thanks, guys.

Other companies should take note.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #7
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Wow, nice news!
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote