Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-16-2009, 12:48 AM   #1
rahulm
Zealot
rahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: None
Normal to see an Adobe logo "watermark" while charging?

Hey guys.

I am charging the PRS505 for the first time and I noticed a small area on the bottom that is lighter than the rest of the screen. It is very subtle. But on closer inspection one of the areas appears to be an Adobe Reader logo (the one that looks like a loopy triangle). Next to it are some lines, perhaps they are a logo but I can't tell.

Is this normal?
rahulm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:37 AM   #2
sigma8
Zealot
sigma8 doesn't littersigma8 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
I just plugged mine in to charge, and I don't see any such thing. When you power the system on, it shows some logos, and when you plug it in to USB, it dims whatever is currently on the screen (by dithering) and then superimposes the charging iconography on top of it.

Maybe you are seeing a combination of the two? Seeing the power-up screen paused by the charging state?
sigma8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2009, 03:08 AM   #3
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulm View Post
Hey guys.

I am charging the PRS505 for the first time and I noticed a small area on the bottom that is lighter than the rest of the screen. It is very subtle. But on closer inspection one of the areas appears to be an Adobe Reader logo (the one that looks like a loopy triangle). Next to it are some lines, perhaps they are a logo but I can't tell.

Is this normal?
It can be normal. Usually such "shadows" go away when you power on the device.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:24 AM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulm View Post
Is this normal?
Yes it is normal.
You have switched the thing on before and the logo was displayed on the startup screen. What remains is called Ghosting.

Ghosting is a very faint ramainder from the previously displayed image/text.
Eliminating of ghosting is the reason why the reader inverts the screen briefly when turning the page.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote