Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-16-2017, 09:08 PM   #1
dominover
dominover began at the beginning.

Device: looking
Large Ebook Reader - Financial Analysis?

Hi
I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a large ebook reader that can be used to look through books and any other forms of media converted to ebook format. I read allot of financial and investment books and sometimes large text books (which I will purchase in ebook format in the future).

I want to be able to highlight things and come back to highlighted areas.

I'm just not sure what to buy.. They all look too small.

Thanks
dominover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:02 AM   #2
Begemot
Zealot
Begemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Sony DPT-S1, Kindle DX, iPad, Kobo Mini,H20,iRiver StoryHD
Sony DPT-S1 or DPT-RP1 are your best bets.

13 inch screen and lighter than iPad. Can highlight, make notes.

Restriction: PDF only but that is easily remedied with Calibre or other converter.

I love my DPT-S1 but sadly the newer DPT-RP1 is a mixed bag.

RP1 has the faster CPU for faster page turns but bunch of features removed including USB connection.

In RP1 the only way to upload/download documents is through a Windows/Mac App. Sigh..

You can read the Sony subforum here for more details.

Last edited by Begemot; 09-18-2017 at 05:06 AM.
Begemot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
highlight text, large, reader