Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-30-2010, 03:41 PM   #16
bigstoyan
bigstoyan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX International
Please confirm

Thank you dd_engi!

Can you confirm that your device starts with B005 serial (as mine), and... is there some user with Kindle DXi, who already apply the hack, and is confirmed safe
Sorry for my question, but I didn't do that and I'm afraid for my new device

Can you help with some exact help, step by step or... can you write briefly how to proceed with the hack? I suppose that it is not just simple as "copy all the files in the root of the Kindle and start it...". Is there some written howto?

Thank you again and thank you all you guys from that forum
bigstoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:21 AM   #17
dd_engi
dd_engi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstoyan View Post
Thank you dd_engi!

Can you confirm that your device starts with B005 serial (as mine), and... is there some user with Kindle DXi, who already apply the hack, and is confirmed safe
Sorry for my question, but I didn't do that and I'm afraid for my new device

Can you help with some exact help, step by step or... can you write briefly how to proceed with the hack? I suppose that it is not just simple as "copy all the files in the root of the Kindle and start it...". Is there some written howto?

Thank you again and thank you all you guys from that forum
Yes my device serial starts with B005 and I tested the binaries on it. I personally believe everything will work just fine on your device.

You can find more information about this hack (usage, how-to, ...) in its original homepage: http://blogkindle.com/unicode-fonts-hack/
dd_engi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:56 AM   #18
bigstoyan
bigstoyan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX International
Yes, it really works )
THANK YOU!

Now my Kindle DXi is capable of reading Cyrillic. There is no any problem with the hacking.

Have a nice day!
bigstoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:08 PM   #19
Oldun
Oldun began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXi
dd_engi + others THANK YOU

Thank you very much indeed for your work not only in putting this hack together, but publishing it for others. I had been trying for about a day to change the screensaver that came with my Kindle to show my wife's picture - you provided the final pieces of the jigsaw, your posting on the serial number showed me I was using the wrong file (I was using the DX US file because I bought the Kindle there, actually though it is labelled at the back as B005).

From a member of the ancient generation, to you people doing the work so we can interact successfully with the modern gadgetry: Thanks!
Oldun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:34 AM   #20
angelad
Groupie
angelad is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle dx
I wish I could have waited and bought DX international. Much better encoding support it seems on it.
angelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:51 AM   #21
jlinden
Connoisseur
jlinden began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle DX, Sony TS-1, Kobo Aura HD, Onyx Boox M96
Is it possible for someone to adapt the Georgia font-hacks for the Kindel DX international?

Thanks.
jlinden is offline   Reply With Quote