can developers help to resolve this issues

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...le18952887.ece

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...le18953264.ece

these two links what i am not getting with buit in recipe
vishnumvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 01:34 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That shoudl take care of pictures: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...9a58f32d0b707d

I'm afraid I'm not interested in extracting articles from the archive section.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 10:32 PM   #3
vishnumvv
vishnumvv began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks kavidgoyal you did almost what we people need, now it feels like we are reading printed edition

thanks you so much for all your efforts

I am requesting you to help me to get news from <h4>hyderabad</h4>
help me how to do i will customise it myself
Old 09-16-2017, 03:50 PM   #4
suraj51
suraj51 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
kovidgoyal sir it would be great if you woul look into it.

1. If article has multiple pics then not all images except cover pic are appearing in articles

2. previous and next buttons are working fine but section menu and main menu button above article margin are not functioning

3. please add cartoonscape, single file, act one, conceptual articles in oped section of the hindu.

Last edited by suraj51; 09-16-2017 at 11:35 PM.
suraj51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:57 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not sure what you mean. As far as I know, the vast majority of Hindu articles contain onlya single picture, and that downloads fine. If you know of some articles with multiple pictures, then post links to a couple fo them and I will take a look.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:35 PM   #6
suraj51

My bad, i should have been thorough.
I use kindle paperwhite to read the hindu and i prefer .mobi format rather than .azw3 as mobi format documents are easy to navigate while reading esp. newspaper. i use calibre to convert epub to mobi.
my above mentiones queries were regarding mobi output in kindle.

1.here are links to articles in which images didnt appear

In this article no image appeared but only text.

http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/ene...le19699327.ece

In following article only cover photo has appeared not rest of 2 images.

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/op-e...le19694058.ece

2. it is often not possible to guess what type of article is in section menu. whether it is from interview or column or archive. for eg. old archive articles appear in opinion section among editorials and there is no way to identify if article is old (in right side of image"FROM ARCHIVES'.. image link below)

https://surajdeshmukh.tumblr.com/image/165515759287

I have circled headings in newspaper screenshot, it would be very convenient to understand nature of article if such headings appear in section menu along with titles and in articles.

Last edited by suraj51; 09-19-2017 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:25 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Dont convert epub to mobi, instead set your output format to azw3 and calibre will download in mobi automatically. And make sure your output profile is set to kindle as well.

And I get all the images from the rohingyas article. As for the other one, I have added support for photo collages to the recipe, which should take care of it.

There is no information in the section pages (the todays paper page) that I can see to add to the article list. http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/
Old 09-20-2017, 05:34 AM   #8
suraj51

i have set my output profile and format accordingly and all problems are solved! thanx for your amazing support sir...!
Old 11-25-2017, 01:14 AM   #9
suraj51

Is it possible to change state news in recepie, currently I get news of karnataka from front page but i want news from maharashtra, is there any way to make it happen?
Old 11-25-2017, 12:32 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

THe omitted sections from the top nav bar are listed int he recipe, simply edit the list.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:42 PM   #11
vishnumvv
vishnumvv began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Even after editing in omit list we are not getting all the news from state list only the first article is fetching to news
here i am attaching the image you can look at that ..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h3G...ew?usp=sharing

In today's paper almost 50 articles are there in andhra pradesh state but only one article we are getting..

I would be great if you can make it to get all the articles
Old 09-07-2020, 12:43 AM   #12
suraj51

Indian express not loading images

Sir, I am currently using The Hindu and Indian express

The Hindu is working fine and images are properly loading but Indian express is not loading any images.