Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 07-14-2017, 12:23 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Calibre 3 adding metadata to KF8

I'm using Calibre 3.4. When I go to edit a KF8 format eBook, I'm finding it's adding metadata to the OPF. I've set the options to not update the metadata. So can this please be fixed?

These are the lines I am getting...

Code:
    <dc:contributor opf:file-as="calibre" opf:role="bkp">calibre (3.4.0) [https://calibre-ebook.com]</dc:contributor>
    <dc:identifier id="calibre_id" opf:scheme="calibre">2f192d81-ed66-4a07-8328-f15de745c8e7</dc:identifier>
This does not happen with ePub. I'd appreciate this being fixed. Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:14 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No it can't be fixed. This is a side-effect of the fact that kf8 files have to be completely rebuilt, unlike EPUB, which just has to be zipped/unzipped.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote