Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-08-2008, 10:04 PM   #1
guylhem
guylhem began at the beginning.

Device: Zaurus C700
Custom boot logo, "freezing" the screen

Hello

I read here that raw.BootImg.img was used as the boot logo. How could it be changed ? I would like to include a custom image. I guess I could convert it with imagemagick tools, but I wonder where it has to be put to replace the default one, or if a script could help me do that.

Another question : sometimes I keep a page opened for a long time - like 10 minutes, sometimes more. Is there a way to map a button do a freeze of the screen, ie go into suspend mode but without blanking the screen?

I saw options in PRScustomizer to turn the device off ("enter key shutdown", but I would like instead to map it to freeze.

If that's not possible, I'd like to turn off screen blanking on suspend, so that it would work the same way.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Guylhem
guylhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:45 AM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by guylhem View Post
Is there a way to map a button do a freeze of the screen, ie go into suspend mode but without blanking the screen?
I'm not sure, but this could possibly cause some sort of screen burn-in after a while.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
freeze, logo