Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 01:02 PM   #46
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Thank you so much for all this effort. Much appreciated!
Old 03-23-2021, 01:22 PM   #47
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Maybe check with some international Windows users who make extensive use of the AltGr key to make sure it doesn't throw a wrench in the works.

To be honest... I had no idea there were any kind of "industry standard" word-highlighting shortcuts before this thread. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool manual highlighter, myself. So all highlighting shortcuts will probably interfere with my double-clicking habits.
Advert
Old 03-23-2021, 01:27 PM   #48
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
To be honest... I had no idea there were any kind of "industry standard" word-highlighting shortcuts before this thread. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool manual highlighter, myself. So all highlighting shortcuts will probably interfere with my double-clicking habits.
Me neither - I'm strictly a click-and-drag man myself.
Old 03-23-2021, 01:33 PM   #49
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
BeckyEbook tested this for us and using the left alt (not altgr) on international keyboards seems to work just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Maybe check with some international Windows users who make extensive use of the AltGr key to make sure it doesn't throw a wrench in the works.

Old 03-23-2021, 01:35 PM   #50
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
BeckyEbook tested this for us and using the left alt (not altgr) on international keyboards seems to work just fine.
I thought that would be the case, but wanted to be sure.
Advert
Old 03-23-2021, 01:44 PM   #51
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Interestingly the Linux CI failed with my push of this to master. The failure seemed related to python3 and not Qt 5.9 specific. It passed on Windows and macOS. Any ideas?
Old 03-23-2021, 02:19 PM   #52
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Interestingly the Linux CI failed with my push of this to master. The failure seemed related to python3 and not Qt 5.9 specific. It passed on Windows and macOS. Any ideas?
I'll take a look. It's probably not anything code related. More likely a CI environment issue of some kind.
Old 03-23-2021, 02:22 PM   #53
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
I just built Sigil 1.5.0 without problems on my Arch Linux machine:
Qt: 5.15.2
Python: 3.9.2
Old 03-23-2021, 02:46 PM   #54
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I think we're good now. Something must have changed on the Ubuntu 18.04 runner image. I had to specifically make sure the python3 (that already comes preinstalled with the image!) was set up, apparently.
Old 03-23-2021, 04:45 PM   #55
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This is great! Thank you!

Maybe it's just a Mac thing, but double-clicking on a word to select it, and triple-clicking on a word to select the entire paragraph, is something I've been doing for decades and works in pretty much all Mac programs. Also, double-clicking a word then dragging will select all whole words in the drag, so you don't have to fiddle with the mouse to be precise.
Old 03-23-2021, 06:28 PM   #56
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Maybe it's just a Mac thing, but double-clicking on a word to select it, and triple-clicking on a word to select the entire paragraph, is something I've been doing for decades and works in pretty much all Mac programs. Also, double-clicking a word then dragging will select all whole words in the drag, so you don't have to fiddle with the mouse to be precise.
Same behavior on Windows on my side for the Double-click.

To answer at KevinH question, I prefer the A for the Shift+Double-click (select the content), mainly because it is easier to remove empty tags by others shortcuts and features.

But abandoning the other behavior would be a shame, because selecting the whole tag is really convenient.
I suggest that you try to add Shift+Ctrl+Double-click to select the entire tag.
Code-side, you would just have to prioritize (or somehow else) the Shift+Ctrl+Double-click, to maintain the "go to CSS rule" behavior of the Ctrl+Click (which is also very cool).

Spoiler:
I don't know how C++ works, so forgive me if this idea is stupid, or impossible to implement for technical reasons:
Code:
if Shift and !Ctrl:
  if Double-click:
    select_content_tag();

else if Shift and Ctrl:
  if Double-click:
    select_tag();

else if Ctrl and !Shift:
  if Click:
    go_to_css();

Last edited by un_pogaz; 03-23-2021 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-23-2021, 07:02 PM   #57
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Double-click to highlight per word is functionality that works across all(?) OSes.

Same thing can be done in Android (and iOS). If you press-and-hold+drag, you're able to highlight per word. Much better than dragging those "handles" on either side.

Last edited by Tex2002ans; 03-23-2021 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-23-2021, 07:20 PM   #58
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Normal double-click behaviour has now been restored in master for Sigil-1.5.1

- Double-Click selects word under cursor anyplace (restoring previous behaviour)

- Shift Doubleclick in a tag selects that tags contents

-Alt Doubleclick in a tag selects that tag and its contents.
Old 03-23-2021, 07:29 PM   #59
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:

- Double-Click selects word under cursor anyplace (restoring previous behaviour)

Old 03-23-2021, 09:39 PM   #60
odamizu
just an egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
Double-click to highlight per word is functionality that works across all(?) OSes.
In that case, even more reason to restore this behavior

I just wondered since this seemed unfamiliar to some.

Quote:

Closed Thread