Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-16-2020, 05:19 PM   #16
Patatas
Patatas began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
I'm having the same with the non-working touch on Libra H2O. I tried the touchscreen invert and rotate, but no matter what I try, the entire touchscreen does not respond.
The app itself works and can connect to the wifi, and if I block the device it loads the screensaver, and can go back to the app on wake.

However the touchscreen stays unresponsive, and the page turn buttons do nothing...
Patatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 05:29 PM   #17
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
I’m curious about how this device handles the way Mangadex paginates long listings of chapters. I use an app on my iPad called mangastorm that lets me pull manga off the web the way your app does. However, for some reason I have to load each page of a Mangadex entry individually, i.e. chapter 1-50 as one manga, then re-add the manga for chapters 51-100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2020, 02:03 PM   #18
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
I tried your app a lot in the last two days and I noticed that a few mangas are 2-pages wide (each page). Would it be possible to split those image at runtime?
Mercador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 03:00 AM   #19
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Is it possible to run this directly from NickelMenu, like newer versions of KOReader?
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 03:44 AM   #20
OfficerAction
Connoisseur
OfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
I’m curious about how this device handles the way Mangadex paginates long listings of chapters. I use an app on my iPad called mangastorm that lets me pull manga off the web the way your app does. However, for some reason I have to load each page of a Mangadex entry individually, i.e. chapter 1-50 as one manga, then re-add the manga for chapters 51-100.
Mangadex actually provides an api which makes scraping the chapters/pages rather convinient. You can just access it like this:

https://mangadex.org/api/?type=manga&id=1234
https://mangadex.org/api/?type=chapter&id=12345
OfficerAction is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2020, 03:49 AM   #21
OfficerAction
Connoisseur
OfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercador View Post
I tried your app a lot in the last two days and I noticed that a few mangas are 2-pages wide (each page). Would it be possible to split those image at runtime?
Theoretically yes but it's kind of a niche case and I don't think I will impement that for now.
Old 09-10-2020, 03:49 AM   #22
OfficerAction
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickyaxe View Post
Is it possible to run this directly from NickelMenu, like newer versions of KOReader?
Absolutely!
Old 09-10-2020, 09:39 AM   #23
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
edit:nevermind.

Last edited by pickyaxe; 09-10-2020 at 09:49 AM.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 05:45 PM   #24
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerAction View Post
Theoretically yes but it's kind of a niche case and I don't think I will impement that for now.
My daughter showed me what it's like on two pages per page and on the Aura One, just changing the orientation is enough. Too bad it had to be changed manually on the Aura One but one more reason to switch to Libra/Forma.
Mercador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 09:49 PM   #25
babygau
Enthusiast
babygau began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libra h20
there is an issue with kobo libra h20 that [input not working](https://github.com/Rain92/UltimateMangaReader/issues/10). could u pls look into it?
babygau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 04:45 AM   #26
nuetron
nuetron began at the beginning.

I think the problem is that the author does not have a libra H2O device to troubleshoot the problem.
nuetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 08:04 AM   #27
Patatas
Patatas began at the beginning.

If that's the case I can help with whatever is needed, as I have a Libra H2O and I really want to be able to use this app (it's actually one of the reasons I got a new reader).

I don't know how to code though...
Patatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 10:23 AM   #28
OfficerAction
Connoisseur

I would appeciate if you can help me with some tests.
I made a new build of the app along with a scibble test app.
With the scibble app you can make sure the inputs are maped correctly and if not directly see whats wrong.
You can play around with the parameters in the scribble.sh script by setting rotation, invertx and inverty from auto to different values.
if you see the rotation and direction is right but the scaling is off try to set touchscreen_flip_axes_limit=1.
Plese post your model and your results and i can make sure it works out of the box for the next release.

It is too big to attach so you can download it here. https://we.tl/t-G9MyFMyUll

Last edited by OfficerAction; 09-16-2020 at 06:35 AM.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:26 AM   #29
webgandalf
Enthusiast
webgandalf began at the beginning.

Device: a lot
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerAction View Post
I would appeciate if you can help me with some tests.
I made a new build of the app along with a scibble test app.
With Forma it wont connect to wifi.
The wifi is on and connected before launch but it go down when this app start.
When it close the wifi wait a pair of second then return.
webgandalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 10:03 AM   #30
webgandalf
Enthusiast
webgandalf began at the beginning.

Device: a lot
Quote:
Originally Posted by webgandalf View Post
With Forma it wont connect to wifi.
The wifi is on and connected before launch but it go down when this app start.
When it close the wifi wait a pair of second then return.
I must correct myself.
It says thar there Is no wifi and show the icon with signal barret but It works. One must leave It for a minute and It browse the manga without problema.
webgandalf is offline   Reply With Quote