Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-11-2021, 04:00 PM   #541
7antoine7
7antoine7 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
I, does someone have another link for plato ? after what happened at ovh I don't tink they will be back online for a bit.
7antoine7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 04:28 PM   #542
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@JSWolf: Nope .

@7antoine7: Oops, I knew I'd forgotten move *something* to another DC... ;o).

EDIT: Done .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 03-11-2021 at 04:34 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:59 AM   #543
LivresInOz
LivresInOz
LivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kobo: Forma + Libra|Galaxy: TAB A7 + Note 8 tablet|Boox: Note Air 2
I ran the script but nothing happened. It just flashed up and closed and nothing installed.
What did I do wrong?

DETAILS of what I did

Windows 7, Kobo H20

1. Plug in Kobo H20 and hit 'connect' on the device. It appears in Explorer
2. Put the OCP-Plato-0.9.16_KOReader-v2021.02.zip and the script file in the same folder
3. right-click script file and click 'Run in powershell'

It just does what I said above
LivresInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 10:38 AM   #544
LivresInOz
LivresInOz
LivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kobo: Forma + Libra|Galaxy: TAB A7 + Note 8 tablet|Boox: Note Air 2
UPDATED QUESTION:
How can I manually enter the drive letter where my Kobo is, into the powershell script, using powershell (or notepad) ?

It says it can't find it (I have a few drives)

2. I had to install Powershell 5
LivresInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 01:26 PM   #545
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenji View Post
Windows 7
You'll have to istall the latest version of PowerShell manually.
Old 03-29-2021, 07:03 PM   #546
exalaskan
exalaskan is the One.exalaskan is the One.exalaskan is the One.exalaskan is the One.exalaskan is the One.exalaskan is the One.exalaskan is the One.exalaskan is the One.exalaskan is the One.exalaskan is the One.exalaskan is the One.

Device: paperwhite, iphone
@NiLuJe, I just wanted to say thanks for doing this. Got my new Libra today and your script was the first thing I did after connecting it to my Mac.
exalaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 01:30 PM   #547
Gh05t
Gh05t is the One.Gh05t is the One.Gh05t is the One.Gh05t is the One.Gh05t is the One.Gh05t is the One.Gh05t is the One.Gh05t is the One.Gh05t is the One.Gh05t is the One.Gh05t is the One.

Device: Kobo Forma
Hello All.

Merci @NiLuJe, Thanks for your dedication.

I've got my Kobo Forma today and like @exalaskan said the first thing I did after connecting was looking for your packages. I did the install process manually and it is working fine. Thank You!
Gh05t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:10 AM   #548
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura One limited ed. 2017-32 GB + Kobo Clara 2E 2022
I've updated to 2021.03 and when I push my hardware sleep/power off button of my Aura One Ltd, it goes into sleep or power off mode, but nothing happens on the screen, the last page remains. In 2021.02 I got the black screen with power off/or the sleep banner on the screen
serdar0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:23 AM   #549
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@serdar0020: Yep, that was fixed in current nightlies.

c.f., https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=338449

(Basically, this is a bug, but the previous behavior was *also* a bug. And the previous, previous behavior was *also* another bug ;p).

TL;DR: Just go to Gear > Screen > Screensaver and set it up as you prefer, *that* works .
Old 04-02-2021, 09:26 AM   #550
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@serdar0020: Yep, that was fixed in current nightlies.

c.f., https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=338449

(Basically, this is a bug, but the previous behavior was *also* a bug. And the previous, previous behavior was *also* another bug ;p).

TL;DR: Just go to Gear > Screen > Screensaver and set it up as you prefer, *that* works .
How was the previous behavior a bug? It seemed to work.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:27 AM   #551
NiLuJe
BLAM!

The default was *always* supposed to be "Sleep popup" on *current* screen. Not nothing, not popup on black, not popup on white.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-02-2021 at 12:15 PM.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:29 AM   #552
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
The default was *always* supposed to be "Sleep popup" on *current* screen". Not nothing, not popup on black, not popup on white.
Thanks for that. I would never have known as I changed the default before going to sleep for the first time.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 02:33 AM   #553
serdar0020
Zealot
serdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheeseserdar0020 can extract oil from cheese

gear - use image as screensaver: I got my "Sleeping" pop-up back. Thanks for the tip.

I also get the occasional "powered off" pop-up now. But I'd like both pop-ups over a black background (not as layer over the book text or book cover). Any ideas?

screensaver - settings - "black background behind images" is activated

P.S. it'll probably be fixed in a future update

Last edited by serdar0020; 04-03-2021 at 02:37 AM.
Old 04-03-2021, 12:19 PM   #554
NiLuJe
BLAM!

No, black only works for images. That should have been clear by the different wording vs. white and none settings.

That's a compromise to handle the various history of weird and broken ScreenSaver settings.

May I ask *why* you'd prefer a black background for the message?

(My understanding is that the only use-case for this would be "anonymizing" the content; not aesthetics. Hence white was good enough).

EDIT: Took the opportunity to clean up the mess in https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/7496, so, you'll be able to do just that Soon (TM) .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-03-2021 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-04-2021, 01:00 AM   #555
serdar0020
Zealot

you're perfectly right, NiLuJe, a white background works just as well to anonymize, I've just changed the setting again

Tags
kfmon, kobo, koreader, plato