Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your Covid vaccination status?
I’m fully vaccinated and it’s been over two weeks. 18 21.95%
I’m fully vaccinated but it’s been less than two weeks. 8 9.76%
I’ve had my first shot of two. 20 24.39%
My first shot is scheduled. 10 12.20%
I’m qualified, but I haven’t been able to schedule a shot yet. 4 4.88%
I’ve not yet qualified or it’s not available here. 16 19.51%
I’m still undecided. 3 3.66%
I won’t be getting it. 3 3.66%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2021, 01:56 AM   #496
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
I'm allowed to feel happy that we can now easily spend time with family, and go through our days without a mask. My continuing to wear one wouldn't change anything.
Of course you're allowed to feel happy that you personally don't need to wear a mask anymore. But you said it was wonderful that not one single person in your community was masking anymore.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 10:18 AM   #497
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Happy to see the return to normal for everyone.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 01:29 PM   #498
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
Less people walking around town shopping, wearing masks in the street,although they are still compulsory in shops and businesses.
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 03:27 PM   #499
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I'm reading that the danger isn't completely removed (we knew that) - so I'll stay cautious:
"Vaccinated people are dying from the Delta variant, but in small numbers and almost all are over 50, UK data shows"

https://www.businessinsider.com/vacc...uk-data-2021-6
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 10:08 AM   #500
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I'm reading that the danger isn't completely removed (we knew that) - so I'll stay cautious:
"Vaccinated people are dying from the Delta variant, but in small numbers and almost all are over 50, UK data shows"

https://www.businessinsider.com/vacc...uk-data-2021-6
You're absolutely right, and that isn't happening only in the UK. It has happened in some of the most well-vaccinated countries in the world, such as Israel. The majority of vaccinated people who catch the Delta variant will, experts have said recently, experience mild symptoms and be far better off than if they hadn't been vaccinated. The same has not been true, they report, for some older people with comorbidities.

For people who fall into that second group, and even for those who don't, there is nothing wrong with continuing to take precautions. Australia doesn't politicize basic health issues like this and you can see they've reinstated certain restrictions because of the Delta variant.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 06:40 PM   #501
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Australia doesn't politicize basic health issues like this
You cannot be serious - The Labor Party state Premiers and their media allies have collectively weaponised the SARS-Cov2 virus to use against the Liberal/National Party national governent, and visa-versa of course.

Unfortunately the partisanship has 'leaked' into the ranks of the health/medical 'experts'.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 07:44 PM   #502
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I find there's a lot of people these days who seem really eager to conflate "partisanship" with "doesn't embrace my point of view."
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 10:41 PM   #503
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Unfortunately the partisanship has 'leaked' into the ranks of the health/medical 'experts'.
You probably intended a different meaning, but placing the word expert in quotes when talking about legitimate medical experts is the sort of anti-science politicization I meant.

But there is a distinction to be made between responding effectively to COVID-19 and using that response to bludgeon other parties in an election. Perhaps you're talking about the latter. I'm only talking about the former.

If this poll is correct, then 93-8% of Australians agree with the response itself.

In the U.S., we are dealing with a stupefying resistance to organizations like the CDC and the WHO. In the past, that resistance was astroturfed and focused more on countering efforts against targets like tobacco, pollution and climate change. The logic behind it was understandable, since corporations have always fueled those areas of skepticism and disbelief. But railing against masks and vaccines only makes sense if you're trying to distract angry voters with yet another divisive target.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 07-03-2021 at 11:45 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 02:55 AM   #504
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
You cannot be serious - The Labor Party state Premiers and their media allies have collectively weaponised the SARS-Cov2 virus to use against the Liberal/National Party national governent, and visa-versa of course.

I'm seeing more of a Premiers vs Feds divide than a Labor vs LNP divide - with the exception of NSW (though Gladys is now starting to distance herself a bit regarding the vaccine strollout).

South Australia and Tasmania both have Liberal state governments, and they haven't taken a laid-back open-borders live-with-the-virus approach at all.

That doesn't mean there is no politically-informed COVID denialists in Australia - we have an unfortunately large minority of ... people with Youtube-informed attitudes. And I guess we'll not discuss those in any detail in this subforum.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 10:47 PM   #505
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I got my 1st shot on March 25th and my 2nd on April 15th. Oddly enough those two dates are the dates on which my mom and fiancee (Lisa) passed away on. I'll be able to get the booster on Dec 15th (3 days after my birthday). A day after the 2nd shot I had fatigue, body ache, nausea, and a temperature for a good part of the day. I took my nausea meds and an asprin and napped the day away.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote