Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 02-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
About the hardware specs

Some questions about hardware.

I remember the Pocket's 1.2 Ghz CPU being limited @ 800 Mhz by software. Believe it's the same with the big Edge.

And about RAM, seems like there's 512 MB available, although the chip is 1 GB. Is it the same on both EE & PE?

I ask this because
I tried to play a 1.6 GB *.avi video, with Ermine on EE & PE. On EE it plays well, on the Pocket seems like any file from 800 MB or more won't play.

Is it the same with you? Are there differencies in hardware between EE & PE?
On MR's wiki there's plenty of info about PE, but nothing on EE.

Last edited by lorenzoens; 02-26-2012 at 09:35 PM.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:33 AM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
I use an App called Quick System Info Pro (http://slideme.org/application/quick-system-info-pro) and it tells me the EE's System Cache is 323 MB, Total memory is 502 MB (I think this is user memory), and it has a Marvell Mohawk rev 0 processor running at 788.07 MHz.

Quick System Info Pro tells me my PE's System Cache is 323 MB, Total Memory is 502 MB, and it has a Marvell Mohawk rev 0 processor running at 796.26 MHz.

Essentially the specs are the same with the PE processor running just a hair faster.

Last edited by obsessed2; 02-27-2012 at 12:39 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
eemad
eemad began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
Dear obsessed2

Please help me!

I used the wrong FILE (for PE) to do the upgrade for my EE half way through my EE stopped running, and I read your writing for reverting: do the procedure with golden dingo, but no sucess yet, what can I do please!!!!!!!!
eemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #4
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry eemad
but you shouldn't be writing about your troubles in every thread, if you piss off other users this wont' be of any help for you, on the contrary.

I cannot help you, but following rules is where you failed on updating and where you're failing again with your communication style.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #5
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eemad View Post
Dear obsessed2

Please help me!

I used the wrong FILE (for PE) to do the upgrade for my EE half way through my EE stopped running, and I read your writing for reverting: do the procedure with golden dingo, but no sucess yet, what can I do please!!!!!!!!

First thing to do is calm down. Your not the first person to make this mistake. Take a look at my Resource Sticky post # 215 where I offer up some suggestions to your problem. Everything will turn out OK.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...132878&page=15
Old 02-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #6
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
it is a soc platform called avenger penguine lite, very cheap same like in sheeva plug.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #7
lorenzoens
ex se ens

Did you write in the correct thread?
Old 02-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #8
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

yes of course. the edge platform is call avenger lite and is made by marvell.
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...ite-board.html
one of the cheapest soc solutions. crap performance, no flash support etc.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:17 PM   #9
lorenzoens
ex se ens

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
It says "Upper Crust Enterprises, Inc. is famous for its innovative quality breaded seafood"

Sorry I didnt understand what you meant
Old 02-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #10
obsessed2
Wizard

http://www.marvell.com/selector_guid...pxa_168_pb.pdf
Old 02-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #11
vicinc
Guru

damn spammers.
i mean this thread
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...d-2-2-a-2.html
Old 03-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #12
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post
It says "Upper Crust Enterprises, Inc. is famous for its innovative quality breaded seafood"

Sorry I didnt understand what you meant
Mmmmm .... Yummy !!!

Tags
cup, hardware specifications, ram