Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-19-2010, 12:32 AM   #1
klay
klay began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Thumbs up Trook using non-ATT sim card

bthoven in particular will be happy with this one,

kbs has just added a setting to trook that allows you to turn on 3G/GPRS browsing and downloads with trook.

Update trook by going to the nookdevs feed in trook and tap on the trook icon to download the update.

Excellent work kbs!
klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:30 AM   #2
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Wow...that's fast and great! I can't wait to be back home to use my home wifi on Trook (for last time??8-)) to download and install the newer version.

The real Beethoven must have loved this 8-)

Will let you know after I test it!

By the way, will Trook allows using US ATT sim card or it still blocks it.? (I believe it should still block US ATT sim card). If it's blocked, how Trook implements this block?

Last edited by bthoven; 02-19-2010 at 01:52 AM.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2010, 03:31 AM   #3
klay
klay began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthoven View Post
By the way, will Trook allows using US ATT sim card or it still blocks it.? (I believe it should still block US ATT sim card). If it's blocked, how Trook implements this block?
It is not blocked, but you will not be able to connect with trook and the ATT card. the ATT card seems to use a private apn, restricting access to those networks that ATT deems related to b&n.

The implementation of 3g/gprs use with trook is configured using the settings menu of trook, you tap the settings icon, and you should see an option to use sim card instead of wifi, tap this and then you will be able to browse. When you want to switch back to wifi, just go into settings and un tick it.
klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:59 AM   #4
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

OK, that's clear to me now...thanks.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:26 PM   #5
bthoven
Evangelist

Update my Trook, confirm it now works with EDGE connection.

Thanks a lot.
Advert