Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-30-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
mjsprof
mjsprof began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Hello--glad to join you

I'm a professor in Virginia and have been reading e-books from the early days of text files on DOS.
I have a large number of Palm doc files but have just made the move to a Sony Pocket reader.
I'll look forward to learning from fellow users of this spendid program--warm thanks to its developer!
Michael
mjsprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:18 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, mjsprof.

Be sure to download some of the free books available here, formatted by our own members.

Also...don't forget to use your Sony with your local library. If you are lucky enough to have one with a decent collection of ebooks in epub or pdf format, you are in for a fun time.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2009, 06:52 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Michael and welcome to MobileRead. I borrow eBooks from the Fairfax library all the time.

Also, MobileRead members in Northern VA occasionally get together and you would be most welcome. Watch the forum for the next MeetUp
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:20 PM   #4
mjsprof
mjsprof began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm at UVa in Charlottesville, but do occasionally get up to Fairfax--so I'll keep an eye on your meetings.
best wishes for 2010.
Michael
mjsprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:25 PM   #5
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Welcome I think you'll love your Sony, if you don't already.

BTW Tons of free books for download right here and I'm sure you know about google books and proj gutenberg. Libraries also loan books in epub.

Enjoy!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
introduction