Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 10:56 AM   #196
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
Confirmed on my copy of the NET. DVJ2 works fine. But DVJ seems to take us to the notes section (location 19602) using rev.13.18.

Also found in Matthew Henry's Commentary. DVJ search show location 33056 (which is correct), but when you press enter again, it goes to some reference about Canaan. Using DVJ2, the verse pops up as expected and the link to the correct page in the commentary looks good to me.

Edit for clarification: the single enter takes me to the reference location which looks good. It's the 2nd enter that takes me to the scripture itself that seems to be fouled up.

Last edited by speedlever; 12-22-2010 at 12:00 PM.
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:10 AM   #197
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Confirmed - thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedlever View Post
Confirmed on my copy of the NET. DVJ2 works fine. But DVJ seems to take us to the notes section (location 19602) using rev.13.18.

Also found in Matthew Henry's Commentary. DVJ search show location 33056 (which is correct), but when you press enter again, it goes to some reference about Canaan. Using DVJ2, the verse pops up as expected and the link to the correct page in the commentary looks good to me.
I'm glad you confirmed my result. I thought maybe I never indexed completely.

Also, I deleted my Unabridged Matthew Henry since it was getting commentary for large groups of verses, not individual verses. That contrasts to how Logos used to work with MH linked verse to verse commentary.

I like DJV1 for the KJV and NET and it was only Rev1318 which didn't work right so far. I like the method of NOT using periods or spaces. MH did not work that way either by requiring periods and that was another reason I deleted it.

In Bible Studies speed is of the essence to get places. Omitting periods and spaces gets one to where one must go FAST.

I always liked the Bible Knowledge Commentary much better than MH as well. I can only hope that we get a DVJ1 type indexing of that book with direct single verse to commentary connections.

Since Amazon charges very little (one to five dollars) for Bibles and Bible related books for the most part, I don't mind buying them, testing them and then even discarding them if I don't like them.

Last edited by sirmaru; 12-22-2010 at 11:15 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:30 AM   #198
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
How do I get this if I am in UK?
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:09 PM   #199
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amazon-UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonbible View Post
Go to Amazon-UK and search for Osnova books.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:48 AM   #200
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
Regarding the wrong search destinations. I have already reported this issue in this thread here. More details are at http://osnova.com/2010/10/20/kindle-3-search-bugs/

It's a software bug with Kindle 3 (Kindles 2 and DX are not affected) and I cannot fix it. Please send complains to Amazon support (I have done so several times and so far they haven't fixed it). The good thing is that DVJ-2 is not susceptible to this bug. You can also change the font size and the issue may go away.

Last edited by osnova; 12-23-2010 at 01:42 PM.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:52 AM   #201
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonbible View Post
Amazon would not sell my KJV Bible in UK. If you want a copy you can send me an email to osnova@gmail.com or buy this publication http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004BA54RE/
Old 12-23-2010, 12:55 AM   #202
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I like the method of NOT using periods or spaces. MH did not work that way either by requiring periods and that was another reason I deleted it.
I can make a copy for you that works just how you like it. Just let me know which Bible you want to ignore the periods in searches.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:59 AM   #203
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by osnova View Post
Amazon would not sell my KJV Bible in UK. If you want a copy you can send me an email to osnova@gmail.com or buy this publication http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004BA54RE/
Is this because the KJV is still under copyright in the UK?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:49 AM   #204
sirmaru
Wizard

Thanks

Quote:
I can make a copy for you that works just how you like it. Just let me know which Bible you want to ignore the periods in searches.
Thanks for that offer. Right now KJV and NET satisfy my needs.

Bibles and their related books I'd like to get for Kindle WiF in the future: NIV, Bible Knowledge Commentary.

I know you're trying for NIV. I've seen comments on the Amazon site for that book that many folks complain they give it one star because it lacks DVJ. Zondervan is losing a lot of kindle sales by stubbornly refusing your offer to implement it.

My work around for the NIV is my NowBible which does have a direct verse jump process. Thus it forces me to bring both my NowBible and Kindle WiFi to Church. What suprises me is that Zondervan did allow a DVJ type of locator to be developed for NowBible but not Kindle. Maybe that is the reason they have not allowed your version for Kindle. It could be a contract restriction.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #205
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Is this because the KJV is still under copyright in the UK?
Please don't tell me that a 400 year old work is still under copyright under British law. And I thought your libel laws were screwy!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:07 AM   #206
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Please don't tell me that a 400 year old work is still under copyright under British law. And I thought your libel laws were screwy!
It's protected by "Crown Copyright". This used to be "eternal" but has now been modified so that it runs out around 2040 or so.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #207
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It's protected by "Crown Copyright". This used to be "eternal" but has now been modified so that it runs out around 2040 or so.
Did Sonny Bono help write your copyright laws?
Old 12-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #208
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

"Crown copyright" is very, very old. It long predates modern copyright laws. It gave anything created by, or in the name of, the monarch (and that includes the KJV) perpetual protection. It's now in the process of being abolished, but it was given a 50 year "timeout" when the law was changed.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:33 PM   #209
osnova
Kindler of the Flame

Harry, he is just laughing at this.

Last edited by osnova; 12-23-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:38 PM   #210
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
"Crown copyright" is very, very old. It long predates modern copyright laws. It gave anything created by, or in the name of, the monarch (and that includes the KJV) perpetual protection. It's now in the process of being abolished, but it was given a 50 year "timeout" when the law was changed.
Quote:
Harry, he is just laughing at this.
Indeed, Harry! You should know by now never to believe half of what I say.

But what does that mean for the sales of the KJV with DVJ in England? Is it allowed?