Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-15-2009, 06:37 PM   #1
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
PSP USB Charger question

Hi guys, I've been reading about the time it takes for the Reader to charge using its mini usb charger and the significantly lower charging time when using the PSP AC Charger but I was wondering about the PSP USB Charger.

I don't know if you guys have seen the one I am talking about, it connects to an USB port but its output is a mini-usb plug AND the other thingie..

http://www.mercadolibre.com.ar/jm/im...6_5500.jpg&v=O

Would this one also charge the Reader faster (using the "thingie") or is the speed boost given by the wall socket?
el.astrologo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:38 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by el.astrologo View Post
I don't know if you guys have seen the one I am talking about, it connects to an USB port but its output is a mini-usb plug AND the other thingie..
None of the Sony's will charge via a USB charger. You have to hook it to a PC.... or use A/C barrel charger.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Roger that, thanks BOb
Old 02-17-2009, 05:56 AM   #4
Emm3t
Emm3t began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hi,

I have one of the combined charger/USB cables. It works well.

One of the advantages is you can charge and use the Reader at the same time (whereas when you use the USB port to charge you are blocked out).

I haven't had enough time to see if it charges any faster, although I assume so.

Emmet
Emm3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:28 PM   #5
el.astrologo
Groupie

Good to know Emmet, please let us know if you find out anything important about the charging time
Advert
Old 02-17-2009, 07:41 PM   #6
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
The charging time depends on the intensity delivered by the charger.

The regular PSP charger delivers 2A, so charging from it will be faster than using the USB cable.
(An USB 2 port will deliver a maximun of 0,5A. )

It's impossible to charge the PSP with the regular USB cable and an USB adapter ; but if it works with the combined cable, the charging time will depends on the intensity delivered by the USB adapter.
USB adapter usually deliver 0,5A like regular USB port but some adapters can delivers more (or less).
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:06 PM   #7
el.astrologo
Groupie

I see.. so that would make this device charge as fast as the normal USB plug... well, good to know