Old 03-06-2016, 02:15 PM   #1
CrispyBacon
CrispyBacon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire 7"
Error Communicating with Device

Kindle Fire"
Windows 10
Newest Version of Calibre
I can still send books to my device but I can't see what books I have on the device.

calibre, version 2.52.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Cannot write to file: hr=2147500037 facility=0 error_code=16389 description: Unspecified error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 503, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 216, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 188, in get_driveinfo
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 178, in _update_drive_info
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 149, in put_calibre_file
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 35, in check_thread
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 439, in put_file
WPDError: Cannot write to file: hr=2147500037 facility=0 error_code=16389 description: Unspecified error
CrispyBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:36 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's an error sending a file to the device. Usually simply rebooting both the device and the computer fixes it. If not you can either reset your device or use one of the wireless file transfer methods described here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....kindle-fire-hd
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2016, 01:59 PM   #3
CrispyBacon

I can still send books to my device, I just can't see the books on my Kindle.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:39 AM   #4
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
I just attempted to use Calibre with my Lenovo Yoga android tablet for the first time and am also encountering communications errors:

Code:
calibre, version 2.53.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Failed to get storage info for device.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 87, in run
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 584, in _upload_books
  File "site-packages/calibre/devices/mtp/driver.py", line 408, in upload_books
  File "site-packages/calibre/devices/mtp/base.py", line 24, in synchronizer
  File "site-packages/calibre/devices/mtp/unix/driver.py", line 328, in free_space
MTPError: Failed to get storage info for device.
My laptop is running linux mint 17.2 x64 here. The above error is from an attempt to send a book to the device, I get a similar failure simply attempting to use it with Calibre. I have both the Kindle and Nook apps on the tablet, so I should be able to send both types of books there. I was able to manually copy a book from my Calibre library to the /kindle directory and the app can read it there, so it should be possible to get this working.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:13 PM   #5
CrispyBacon

I ended up ejecting my sd card and reinserting it back in, fixed my problem.
Advert