Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #31
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Gift Coins in bulk and receive a discount up to 20% for a limited time

Quote:
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 12, 2013-- (NASDAQ: AMZN)—Just in time for the holiday season, Amazon today announced that customers can purchase Amazon Coins and gift them for apps, games and in-app items in the Amazon Appstore and on Kindle Fire. Customers simply purchase a bundle of Coins on Amazon.com and an email is sent to the recipient to redeem. To celebrate the launch, customers receive up to 20% off when buying or gifting Coins through January 5. Giving the gift of Coins is a great way to introduce new customers to over 100,000 apps and games available in the Amazon Appstore, such as Angry Birds Star Wars II, Wheel of Fortune and Plants vs. Zombies. And, existing customers will love having extra Coins to use on in-app items such as new levels in Candy Crush Saga, recipes in iCookbook, or song collections in SongPop. Customers can gift Coins by visiting www.amazon.com/givecoins.
You can purchase the discounted coins for your own use by unchecking the "Give Amazon Coins as a gift" box on the order page.

Last edited by DreamWriter; 12-12-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #32
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I want free coins
Advert
Old 12-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #33
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I want free coins
Me too.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:34 AM   #34
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Too many coins burning a hole in your computer? Amazon has the answer:

Quote:
Save on Amazon Appstore

Amazon Appstore has more last-minute deals on the latest Kindle and Android apps and games. Amazon recently announced that customers can gift Amazon Coins to app-savvy friends and family for use on apps, games and other in-app items in the Amazon Appstore. Customers save up to 20 percent when buying Coins through Jan. 5. Throughout the coming weeks, popular apps will also have steep discounts including 50 percent off The Bernstein Bears Christmas Tree app and 15 titles from G5 Entertainment for only $0.99 each, including: Letters from Nowhere, Abyss: Wrath of Eden and Red Crow Mysteries: Legion. Between Dec. 14 and Dec. 25, customers can download “12 Great Gifts from the Amazon Appstore” as part of Amazon Appstore’s Free App of the Day program. A paid app will be available for free every day including Allrecipes Dinner Spinner Pro, PicsPlay Pro, and Pocket Informant 3. Find out more at www.amazon.com/appstore.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #35
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Ehh, I already know what I'm buying with my coins.
Advert
Old 12-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #36
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Ehh, I already know what I'm buying with my coins.
Same here; only they're not on sale.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #37
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

APP DEALS AND FREEBIES!!!

This is not a Free Coins offer, but may be of interest to followers of this thread: "Customers who download an app or game from the newest version of the Amazon Appstore for Android to their Android device between December 24th and December 28th will receive a $5 credit to use on the future purchase of apps, games and in-app items from the Amazon Appstore." See details and links in the Amazon press release quoted below: Amazon Rolls out Welcome Mat for Device Owners This Holiday: Download the Amazon Appstore on Android Phones and Tablets, along with Any App or Game, and Get $5 to Spend on Future Purchases

Quote:
Announcing Christmas week deals for new and existing customers to enjoy on their new tablets and phones

Over 100,000 apps and games to choose from in the Amazon Appstore and on Kindle Fire devices

SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 23, 2013-- (NASDAQ:AMZN)—Millions of people will unwrap new phones and tablets this holiday, and Amazon will be there to help customers load up their new devices with a great selection of apps and games. Today, Amazon announced Christmas week deals on the latest and most loved content in the Amazon Appstore. Customers who download an app or game from the newest version of the Amazon Appstore for Android to their Android device between December 24th and December 28th will receive a $5 credit to use on the future purchase of apps, games and in-app items from the Amazon Appstore. In addition to this limited time offer, all Amazon Appstore customers will find a paid app for free every day, including Angry Birds Star Wars II and Where’s My Perry?, as well as exclusive Free App of the Day bundles on December 25th and December 26th. Other top titles will be discounted by 50-90%, making this holiday season an ideal time to get all the great content available in the Amazon Appstore. Customers can find more information on the Christmas week deals at www.amazon.com/appspromo and www.amazon.com/appstore.

"Customers look to Amazon to provide the best deals in the industry throughout the holiday season and the Amazon Appstore is no exception," said Mike George, Vice President of Amazon Appstore and Games. "The combination of a $5 credit to use in the Amazon Appstore and the expansive deals we are offering for Christmas week will help customers add exciting apps and games to their devices this holiday season."

Throughout the week of Christmas customers can look forward to the following selection of deals in the Amazon Appstore:
  • Up to 65% off apps and games from top game developers including Electronic Arts, Sega of America and Gameloft on titles such as Bejeweled 2, Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing, Gangstar Vegas, and many others.
  • One-day-only sale on Office Suite Pro 7 – only $0.99 (originally $14.99) on December 26th
  • Free App of the Day bundles (savings of over $50):
    • December 25 – Free App of the Day Welcome Pack, which includes My Alarm Clock, Handrite Notes Notepad Pro, Stellarium Mobile Sky Map, Relax Melodies Premium: A White Noise Ambience For Sleep, Meditation & Yoga, SPC Music Sketchpad 2, PrinterShare Mobile Print, and Moon Phase Pro
    • December 26 – Free App of the Day Favorites, which includes Daily Ab Workout, The Lost City, Voxel Invaders, Chimpact, Osmos HD, Fraction Calculator Plus, Ultimate Hangman HD, From Cheese, and Business Calendar
  • Free App of the Day deals:
    • December 23 – Draw a Stickman: EPIC
    • December 24 – Piano Master Christmas Special
    • December 25 – Angry Birds Star Wars II
    • December 26 – Where’s my Perry?
    • December 27 – Quell Memento
    • December 28 – Doodle Farm
NOTE: The $5 promo credit is given only for apps purchased using the latest version of the Amazon Appstore app on an Android phone or tablet...NOT for apps purchased on Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire HDX tablets:

Quote:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS

1. Limited time offer. You must download an app from the newest version of the Amazon Appstore on your Android phone or tablet (other than Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire HDX tablets) between 12:00 AM (EST) December 24, 2013 and 11:59 PM (PST) December 28, 2013 to receive the $5 promotional credit.

2. $5 promotional credit expires on March 31, 2014 at 11:59 PM (PST).

3. Limit one $5 promotional credit per customer and account.

4. You must have an Amazon.com account and accept the Amazon Appstore for Android Terms of Use to redeem the $5 promotional credit.

5. $5 promotional credit can only be used to purchase eligible digital products through the U.S. Amazon Appstore and may not be combined with other offers.

6. $5 promotional credit is not transferable and cannot be resold or redeemed for cash.

7. Void where prohibited.

8. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate or modify this promotion at any time without notice.

Last edited by DreamWriter; 12-23-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:13 PM   #38
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Free App of the Day deals:
  • December 23 – Draw a Stickman: EPIC
  • December 24 – Piano Master Christmas Special
  • December 25 – Angry Birds Star Wars II
  • December 26 – Where’s my Perry?
  • December 27 – Quell Memento
  • December 28 – Doodle Farm
I really love Quell and have been waiting for Quell Memento to go free; and the same for the latest Angry Birds.

On that list, the first two are repeats. The rest are new to the program.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #39
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
APP DEALS AND FREEBIES!!!

This is not a Free Coins offer, but may be of interest to followers of this thread: "Customers who download an app or game from the newest version of the Amazon Appstore for Android to their Android device between December 24th and December 28th will receive a $5 credit to use on the future purchase of apps, games and in-app items from the Amazon Appstore." See details and links in the Amazon press release quoted below: Amazon Rolls out Welcome Mat for Device Owners This Holiday: Download the Amazon Appstore on Android Phones and Tablets, along with Any App or Game, and Get $5 to Spend on Future Purchases
More free money from Amazon?

That'll bring my appstore credits up to $20. Whatever will I do with it?
Old 12-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #40
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
December 26 – Free App of the Day Favorites, which includes Daily Ab Workout, The Lost City, Voxel Invaders, Chimpact, Osmos HD, Fraction Calculator Plus, Ultimate Hangman HD, From Cheese, and Business Calendar
I highly recommend Chimpact. It's a great game for younger kids.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:09 PM   #41
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.

Quote:

I'm trying to decide how to spend all my Amazon Coins and app credits, too. I also have $4 in MP3 credits I need to spend before they expire at the end of January. I hope the apps you want go on sale soon.

I just edited my post above to add a few additional details about the $5 promo credit, including the Terms and Conditions. Of note is that the apps must be purchased using the latest version of the Amazon Appstore app on an Android phone or tablet...NOT Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, or Kindle Fire HDX tablets. Initially, I was hoping to use coins plus the $5 credit toward a single app purchase, but I guess that's not possible.

Last edited by DreamWriter; 12-23-2013 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:14 AM   #42
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Charging my lame-o S2 Skyrocket to get the $5 promo. Good deal! Probably get some coins too with those purchases. So buy, then use the coins.

Last edited by Jessica Lares; 12-24-2013 at 05:16 AM.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:29 AM   #43
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:

I would suggest you look at Kairosoft's games. They're amazingly fun and addictive. They're also on sale right now for 50% off (except Game Dev Story, but it was a free app of the day recently). I picked every single one of them up after trying Game Dev Story free and loving it, and then buying Dungeon Village with my coins and loving it too. Liked them so much I actually bought coins (to get the discount) to finish buying them all. There's free trials of them on Google Play if you want to try them out. But be quick, the sale ends either today or tomorrow I believe.

Quote:
I'm trying to decide how to spend all my Amazon Coins and app credits, too. I also have $4 in MP3 credits I need to spend before they expire at the end of January. I hope the apps you want go on sale soon.

I just edited my post above to add a few additional details about the $5 promo credit, including the Terms and Conditions. Of note is that the apps must be purchased using the latest version of the Amazon Appstore app on an Android phone or tablet...NOT Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, or Kindle Fire HDX tablets. Initially, I was hoping to use coins plus the $5 credit toward a single app purchase, but I guess that's not possible.
Heh, I wiped out all my free ones buying those Kairosoft games. Fourteen of them even at half price added up fast.

One thing I want to add about this is there's some problems with the latest version of Amazon's AppStore app. First off, if you have a lot of apps, which most of us who grab many of the free apps of the day will, it takes forever to refresh the full list, even on fast wifi. I'm talking several minutes, on a 1st gen Nexus 7 with 220+ apps. I can literally go make a sandwich and come back and it'll just about be done refreshing. I figure by next year (if they don't fix this issue), it'll be taking so long I could eat the sandwich too before it finishes. (And it didn't take this long on the old version of the app, so it's not the Nexus.)

Second thing is when I upgraded to the latest app design it renamed my device (looks like it deregistered it and re-registered it on me) and will not let me rename it. I actually had to call support about the issue, and ended up talking to a supervisor. They had me try everything, and it still wouldn't let me rename it, or let them either. She had to file a bug report with the developers and warned me it'd probably be a while before I got a resolution to the issue. Still haven't gotten one, and still can't rename it. There's been at least one update since then too, but it's till not fixed. So if you have multiple devices and need to rename them to keep track of what is what, I suggest you only upgrade one device, or backup the APK and downgrade after getting your credit.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:35 AM   #44
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I always buy classical music with my MP3 credits. $0.99 frequently gets you an album 10~14+ hours in length. Extremely good bang for the buck. Hope you find something good. As to my apps, I suspect it won't happen until spring.

Quote:
Initially, I was hoping to use coins plus the $5 credit toward a single app purchase, but I guess that's not possible.
I just bought a free game and already have the $5 credit in my account. Too bad about not being able to combine the two. I was hoping you could use the credit to buy coins, but they're different departments so it's a no-go.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 12-24-2013 at 06:06 AM. Reason: typo: apps should be coins
Old 12-24-2013, 05:49 AM   #45
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
I would suggest you look at Kairosoft's games. They're amazingly fun and addictive. They're also on sale right now for 50% off (except Game Dev Story, but it was a free app of the day recently). I picked every single one of them up after trying Game Dev Story free and loving it, and then buying Dungeon Village with my coins and loving it too. Liked them so much I actually bought coins (to get the discount) to finish buying them all. There's free trials of them on Google Play if you want to try them out. But be quick, the sale ends either today or tomorrow I believe.
I have Game Dev. Got it when it was a FAOTD. Haven't played it though. I routinely download every FAOTD; whether good or bad. I have over 1,200 apps thanks to FAOTD. Thank goodness for Amazon's free cloud storage.

Actually, I'm saving up for the Audubon Field Guides. I already have two of the six Amazon offers. Wish they'd offer the complete set. These guides go on sale several times a year and I don't think the next sale will happen until spring. So it's a waiting game for me.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion
Closed Thread