Notices

Old 05-20-2013, 01:06 PM   #16
Alan_C
Alan_C began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
It's only sporadically worked for me since the original JB update. <snip>
I too have noticed that automatic brightness control seemed to have become rather hit and miss (to be honest I thought it had stopped working entirely, but as you say it works sometimes after being set to manual and then back to auto).

I've still got the original JB update, has anyone noted whether the beta version has cured this problem?
Alan_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #17
kobo-adrian
Kobo Arc - Dev Mgr
kobo-adrian began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Android Tablets
We haven't made any changes to auto brightness. The auto brightness behaviour is such that it will never darken the screen during use, it will only make it brighter. If you carry the device from a bright area to a dark area, then put it to sleep, the next time you wake it, it will be noticeably darker (or adjust within the first couple seconds of waking it).

This is the default Android behaviour as darkening the screen while in use is quite jarring and noticeable.

If you guys are noticing behaviour that doesn't correspond to this or doesn't quite look right, please elaborate.

Thanks
kobo-adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #18
Captain_Obvious
Captain_Obvious began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc
So I got an upgrade notification just now. I assume it's this new firmware since I had the previous Jellybean update, which was working fine by the way. Now since the update, I can't access any of my books through the kobo app. I can access the library but if I select a book the app just loads up a blank screen with the loading symbol and stays there. Help please!
Captain_Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:36 AM   #19
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Ugh. In that case, here's hoping the update just sits there and doesn't force itself on the rest of us...
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:32 PM   #20
Captain_Obvious
Captain_Obvious began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc
So there was an update to the kobo app last night that fixed the issue. Thanks guys.
Captain_Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert