Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-09-2013, 06:47 AM   #61
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
We call them women, not females. They aren't specimens in a zoo exhibit, just so you know.

The rest is, of course, false.
That is the second time you have been touchy on this subject.
Perhaps more discussion is needed to ease your angst.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #62
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
To be fair, a lot of women hate being called females, including myself. When I usually see the term female, it is in a derogatory manner. Not saying you did that, per se. I would much prefer the term woman. Sorry for going off topic.

Last edited by faithbw; 03-09-2013 at 09:22 AM.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #63
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
This is the the latest of many posts where you have made disparaging comments towards women and people of other nationalities.

Discussing your sexism and xenophobia does not seem very interesting or profitable to me. You should just stop.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #64
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
I love the big screens on phones my G1 had a tiny 3.2 inch screen which was ok because that was the only choice us original Android adopters had. I upgraded when the 4.52" Galaxy SII was released and plan on waiting for the Galaxy Note 3, which is supposed to have a 6" screen. Using a blue tooth ear piece eliminates the hassle of holding a big phone up to your face and it still fits in your pocket. I will never go back to a smart phone with a small screen.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #65
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
PC Police? Or just your typical hyper-sensitive liberal? Everyone "should just stop"
saying anything that YOU can find a way to interpret as "disparaging"? Is there a
set of guidelines that we all should be going by? Perhaps something by Saul Alinsky?

Luck;
Ken

P.S. To the moderators I know you won't allow any response from the right, it's just
those from the left that get to make comments, here.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #66
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
I love the way you accuse others of being hyper-sensitive and then follow up with the whiniest P.S. I've ever seen

Last edited by Bilbo1967; 03-11-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #67
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
So...how 'bout those large screen smartphones!
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:10 PM   #68
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdfry View Post
I love the big screens on phones my G1 had a tiny 3.2 inch screen which was ok because that was the only choice us original Android adopters had. I upgraded when the 4.52" Galaxy SII was released and plan on waiting for the Galaxy Note 3, which is supposed to have a 6" screen. Using a blue tooth ear piece eliminates the hassle of holding a big phone up to your face and it still fits in your pocket. I will never go back to a smart phone with a small screen.
Agreed, I also had (actually still have) the original G1 and now have an S3; I won't be getting anything smaller, and probably will go larger when it's time to upgrade.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #69
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Agreed, I also had (actually still have) the original G1 and now have an S3; I won't be getting anything smaller, and probably will go larger when it's time to upgrade.
I still have my G1. It still works and looks brand new. People complain about plastic phones, but if you put it in a good case it will keep it protected. My phone was dropped many times, even left it on the back of my truck and drove off. Came back and found it in the middle of the road no damage done.

Sorry for the off topic post.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #70
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
I've wanted one of the larger screen cell phones to use as an ebook reader, not a phone, but I've always shied away from them due to the cost of data plans. When Amazon sold their larger Kindle HD with mobile access and a service plan that cost $50 a year I thought that is just the thing I want but in a 4 or 5 inch size, something that will fit in a pocket.

Does anyone know of such a product?
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #71
fratermus
e-bookworm
fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fratermus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, K3, KF2, Touch (dying)
Non-subsidized phones don't necessarily require data (or phone) plans at all.

I have some old android phones I use on wifi only. This new one is on a. Tmo prepaid SIM that ends up costing $15/yr for my very few talk mins and 1yr expiration extension. 2g data is available for $2 if you need it for a day, $3 for 3/4g. I use a freedompop wifi dongle ($99) that comes with 500MB. A month (or 1GB if you jump through a trivial, one-time hoop. Google for info). It's worked fine.
fratermus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:05 PM   #72
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
PC Police? Or just your typical hyper-sensitive liberal? Everyone "should just stop"
saying anything that YOU can find a way to interpret as "disparaging"? Is there a
set of guidelines that we all should be going by? Perhaps something by Saul Alinsky?

Luck;
Ken

P.S. To the moderators I know you won't allow any response from the right, it's just
those from the left that get to make comments, here.
You are quite right.
Easy rejoinders quickly came to mind for both those people looking for problems in a very bland discussion.

I just avoided both, though I was saddened that the conversation string was cut so abruptly because others besides myself also sought to avoid the mud puddle that had suddenly appeared on the path.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #73
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
I've wanted one of the larger screen cell phones to use as an ebook reader, not a phone, but I've always shied away from them due to the cost of data plans. When Amazon sold their larger Kindle HD with mobile access and a service plan that cost $50 a year I thought that is just the thing I want but in a 4 or 5 inch size, something that will fit in a pocket.

Google's (LG's) Nexus 4 works fine without a sim in at all (Well, it won't let you make phone calls), I got the phone before the new sim arrived and was using it as a small wi-fi only tablet type thing for a few days.

My Samsung YP-G70 (Galaxy S Wi-Fi 5) is a 5 inch tablet, no possiblility of putting a sim in at all (In the UK, at least, the 4.2 inch version is £80 at Amazon at the moment). Worked great for eReading, Skype, Games, Web Browsing etc etc.
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #74
ManosHandsOfFate
Addict
ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, K3, Fire, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post

The Samsung Galaxy Player might be worth checking out.
ManosHandsOfFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #75
frahse
occasional author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManosHandsOfFate View Post
The Samsung Galaxy Player might be worth checking out.
Many of us seem to be waiting to see if in the next day or two, new and improved SG Players are going to be presented.
(Especially better screens.)