Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-21-2013, 03:31 AM   #1
jgt1942
Connoisseur
jgt1942 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Series order - how to display on reader

OK I've been working on my library and have made a lot of progress thanks to the help of this forum but I've run into a bump with displaying the series on my iPad/Kindle. In Calibre I can use the series field to specify the order of the books for a series but when I transfer them to my iPad/Kindle I don't see anything that indicates the series order. Am I doing something wrong or is there something I don't understand? Suggestions would be appreciated.
jgt1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:36 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The problem is that neither the iPad (eBooks) or the Kindle has the concept of Series.

The normal solution is to 'massage' the title during the transfer so that it contains the relevant Series information. The facility that does this in Calibre is known as 'metadata plugboards' - you may find this thread of help?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert