Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
dmehling
dmehling began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
need to control e-book reader with adaptive technology

I have a disability and am looking for way to operate an e-book reader. The best way for me to control something is by voice. There is not an e-book reader completely voice controlled that I'm aware of. I'm thinking I will have to hack an existing e-book reader and somehow connect it to a voice-activated microcontroller or small computer. What would be the best kind of e-book reader for my purposes?
dmehling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:14 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I wonder if you might be best suited by a tablet (possibly Android bases) with adapative software running on it to control an eReader app on the tablet?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2012, 04:33 AM   #3
Mujokan
Connoisseur
Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Apparently Amazon has bought a voice-recognition company, so native voice commands will probably show up in the next generation of Kindles.

Looking around, someone is having a go at this issue here. I don't know exactly how you set it up. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118480

There is at least one ereader program for Android that has voice commands. However, not many e-ink readers have microphones. Seems the Kindle Keyboard does, but I don't think it is hackable to run Android. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...alReader&hl=en
Mujokan is offline   Reply With Quote