Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
sebito
sebito began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
181.000 Footnotes

Hi all ,

I have a serious problem, I am developing epub conversion to a Catholic Bible.

The base file from which you started to work is an RTF styles and footnotes have already created. In the RTF (seeing it from atlantiswordprocessor) I can scroll through the notes, go round but I can not do the same back. The same happens when I try to do from the HTML.

eg

In the beginning of everything, God created <a id="a65"> </ a> {<span <a href="notes.html#a21105"> class="t30"> a </ span>} </ a > heaven and earth.

and note I have :

<a id="a21105"> </ a> a </ span> <span class="t72"> 1.1 </ span> <span class="t73"> created :: ...

I need to know and from the Atlantis I make those notes that have already established link back, or automated the process from the html. Given that approximately 181,000 are footnotes.

PS: Sorry for the English, but I do not know much Latin and English.
Translation: Google translator
sebito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebito View Post
I have a serious problem, I am developing epub conversion to a Catholic Bible.

In the beginning of everything, God created <a id="a65"> </ a> {<span <a href="notes.html#a21105"> class="t30"> a </ span>} </ a > heaven and earth.

and note I have :

<a id="a21105"> </ a> a </ span> <span class="t72"> 1.1 </ span> <span class="t73"> created :: ...
Try to remove the blanks after each /
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
sebito

ok, but that's not the problem, the problem is the creation of links back of 181,000 footnotes. I need an automatic way to do it.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
ok, but that's not the problem, the problem is the creation of links back of 181,000 footnotes. I need an automatic way to do it.
First of all: Footnote and Text-Anchor should have the same number. Your code should read:

Code:
In the beginning of everything, God created <a id="a65"> </a> <a href="notes.html#n65"> hyperlinktext</a>

and then note:

<p><a id="n65"></a>Genesis 1.1</p>
In your example, the number of the note is 21105 and the number of the text to jump back is 65. How should a programm guess, that the backreference of 21105 is 65 ???

If the references were build as shown in my example, it would be just a question of a simple regex to build the backlink, but in this case i'm nearly out of ideas .....
Old 04-02-2012, 01:21 PM   #5
sebito

it is true what you say, but unfortunately the export of RFT - ePub, the atlantiswordprocessor generates these numbers and I can not control it.
Advert
Old 04-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #6
mmat1
Berti

Quote:
it is true what you say, but unfortunately the export of RFT - ePub, the atlantiswordprocessor generates these numbers and I can not control it.
Are the footnotes in the same order than the text which refers to them ?
Old 04-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #7
sebito

is in order:
a: a = id65 note: 21105
b: b = id66 note: 21106
etc ...
Old 04-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #8
mmat1
Berti

Quote:
is in order:
a: a = id65 note: 21105
b: b = id66 note: 21106
etc ...
Meanwhile i had some thoughts over it. I do not know a way of correction without writing some code in a programming environment (which is probably quite easy since there is a rule).

Maybe someone else does.

If there is no copyrightviolation, attach the book to your message so that we can have a look on it
Old 04-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #9
sebito

ok
Attached Files
File Type: zip try.zip (76.0 KB, 147 views)
Old 04-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #10
mmat1
Berti

Quote:
ok
I guess i asked for it This will take some time ...
Old 04-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #11
mmat1
Berti

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmat1 View Post
I guess i asked for it This will take some time ...
Back again

Here you are....

There are still some links broken, i guess i didn't get the full story >(most of the text is missing...)

I did it with sigil and regex only. Are you familiar with sigil ?
Attached Files
File Type: epub Bible.epub (81.8 KB, 155 views)
Old 04-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #12
sebito

OMG

You make it sound easy ...

I am familiar with sigil, but do not see the functionality at this time. I and I have tried my epub, in fact both you send HTML, are part of the full epub. Are you used regular expressions after the sigil? Do you applied to HTML?
Old 04-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #13
mmat1
Berti

Quote:
OMG

You make it sound easy ...

I am familiar with sigil, but do not see the functionality at this time. I and I have tried my epub, in fact both you send HTML, are part of the full epub. Are you used regular expressions after the sigil? Do you applied to HTML?
OK, thats in general the strategy
1. I noticed that none of the href-values has a filename, that must be corrected fist. So i merged the 2 files and added a "../Text/015.html" to any "#a\d+?".

2. I split the two files and Sigil corrects the filenames automatically. Some of your links are pointing to an anchor within the same file. Only links which now point to notes.html will be threated in the next steps.

3. I added a "id"-attribute with the same number as the href to any link, which points to "notes.html", preceeding with "t" (within 015.html only).

4. Due to the weird formatting it get's a bit tougher in notes.html. First i replaced "<span class="tpublidisa70">&nbsp;</span>" with "&nbsp;" since i see no point to give a blank a special format and it will make the following regex easier.

5. Regex (in notes.html only)
Code:
Find: <a id="a(\d\d?\d?\d?\d?)(">)</a>(&nbsp;<span class="tpublidisa71">)<a href="../Text/Text.html#a65">(.+?)</a></span>
Replace: <a href="../Text/Text.html#t\1" id="a\1\2\3\4</span></a>
This uses your "<a href="../Text/Text.html#a65">" as endpoint (well in most cases it's just "<a href="">" and tosses it out for good.

done

----------------------------------------------------

Edit: There's no special functiony within Sigil. It's just dividing the job into small steps and usage of regex. It is easy, with a few hundred links. I guess it's still a tedious job with 181000...

Last edited by mmat1; 04-02-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #14
sebito

assistance is really rewarding. thank you very much!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #15
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
For html edits, I only use notepad++.
Their search and replace functions are far superior to anything out there, equal if not better to MS Office; definitely faster than MS Office (though I find MS Office a lot easier to use).

As far as linking back to the previous link, normally most readers have a back button.
But if not, it's going to be quite some work! It might be easier linking those footnotes back to a chapter or something.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote