Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-18-2011, 07:46 PM   #151
nookgirl123
Enthusiast
nookgirl123 began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
There is one icon that it an application. I click that because it is the only one called Win32DIskImager. When I click it, I get a Warning that I mentioned earlier : Okay thanks! Also, for anyone who can help. I downloaded win32DiskImager and when I clicked the zip in the folder I downloaded it into it gave me this popup that said:
Compressed(zipped) Folders Warning
This application may depend on other compressed files or folders.

For the application to run properly, it is recommended that you first extract all files.

Extract all run exit

Do I hit exttract all or run?

When I hit run it says:
The application has failed to start because mingwm10.dll was not found.

THe thing is that I see that file in the folder! OH also, on the top of this new popup it says Win32DishImager.exe so now the problem is that it can't locate a component that it actually there!
nookgirl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:53 PM   #152
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookgirl123 View Post
There is one icon that it an application. I click that because it is the only one called Win32DIskImager. When I click it, I get a Warning that I mentioned earlier : Okay thanks! Also, for anyone who can help. I downloaded win32DiskImager and when I clicked the zip in the folder I downloaded it into it gave me this popup that said:
Compressed(zipped) Folders Warning
This application may depend on other compressed files or folders.

For the application to run properly, it is recommended that you first extract all files.

Extract all run exit

Do I hit exttract all or run?

When I hit run it says:
The application has failed to start because mingwm10.dll was not found.

THe thing is that I see that file in the folder! OH also, on the top of this new popup it says Win32DishImager.exe so now the problem is that it can't locate a component that it actually there!
When it prompted you to extract or run, did you choose extract. The files have to be extracted first. Some programs automatically extract it when you click the zip file. In your case, it sounds like you're being allowed to browse the zip file. You don't want to browse so go ahead and extract the files.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 07:58 PM   #153
nookgirl123
Enthusiast

Yes! Finally, success! Haha, thanks so much.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #154
nookgirl123
Enthusiast

What is the difference between extracting and unzipping?
Old 01-18-2011, 08:03 PM   #155
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Quote:
What is the difference between extracting and unzipping?
nothing except the words to describe (well, unzipping was originally for files that were zipped; extract is a little more generic i.e. other types of files than just .zip files i.e. .tar; .gz.) - extracting is for all types of compressed files; unzipping would be just .zip files .... but they are pretty much interchangeable
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 08:05 PM   #156
nookgirl123
Enthusiast

Okay, so if I need to unzip a .zip file I can also hit extract?
Old 01-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #157
nookgirl123
Enthusiast

okay, im using the win32 disk imager but it will not let me choose a device ? Any help?
Old 01-18-2011, 08:39 PM   #158
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
okay, im using the win32 disk imager but it will not let me choose a device ? Any help?
I believe someone mentioned to not choose a device. See if you can bypass that.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:39 PM   #159
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
How is your microSD card connected to the computer?
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:09 PM   #160
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
This link was posted earlier and it has pictures. It might help your process a bit: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...html#post24111

I don't have a NC so I can't help much besides that.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:33 PM   #161
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Someone else had a similar issue with Chrome. You should have a vetted browser to use as a backup. Too many unknowns with Chrome. Install Firefox, you'll be given the choice to save the file.
I know this is an older post, but just wanted to butt in and say Chrome is just fine. The behavior that was described (zip file 'appearing' at bottom and when you click it opens window with 'icons') is exactly right. It downloaded the zip file and saved it for her and when she clicked on it her PC opened the zip file browser from which she can browse the zip or click to extract the zipped files. Perfectly correct behavior from Chrome.

I use Chrome pretty much exclusively on Mac and PC it's very solid. I even run the developer version (which did have a scrolling bug once that was fixed in under 24 hours -- but that's to be expected for bleeding edge. stable is, well, more stable).
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #162
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zartemis View Post
I know this is an older post, but just wanted to butt in and say Chrome is just fine. The behavior that was described (zip file 'appearing' at bottom and when you click it opens window with 'icons') is exactly right. It downloaded the zip file and saved it for her and when she clicked on it her PC opened the zip file browser from which she can browse the zip or click to extract the zipped files. Perfectly correct behavior from Chrome.

I use Chrome pretty much exclusively on Mac and PC it's very solid. I even run the developer version (which did have a scrolling bug once that was fixed in under 24 hours -- but that's to be expected for bleeding edge. stable is, well, more stable).
Thanks for clarifying. I get a number of messages from people when using Chrome. Now I know what to tell them. I guess the default is to download automatically unless you change the preferences? I've never used it. Firefox die hard.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:52 PM   #163
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Thanks for clarifying. I get a number of messages from people when using Chrome. Now I know what to tell them. I guess the default is to download automatically unless you change the preferences? I've never used it. Firefox die hard.
Unless it is an executable file (in which case it will ask you to confirm) it will download files to a default download directory. You can change it to ask you where you want files to be put instead. More detail on chrome downloading, here.

I used to be a big Firefox user myself.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:09 AM   #164
PegS
Connoisseur
PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NOOKcolor
<impatiently waiting to see if nookgirl123 got her NC rooted>
PegS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:20 AM   #165
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
Yeah...,I was following her root attempt too......,

Let's hear back from you nookgirl
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote