Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-11-2010, 05:05 PM   #31
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster
revfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-650, Apple iPad 3 64GB Wifi
Ex-Heroes by Peter Clines A fun take on the zombocalypse in a world with super heroes.
revfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #32
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Care View Post
jedema, I just finished reading the newest WoT book for the second time. These last few books are so amazing! Can't wait for the final book.

I LOVE The Walking Dead! I haven't finished all of the GNs yet, but I love, love, love the show.

I am also reading a book called Lady of Mist and Shadow. It is the second book in a fantasy romance series. I don't usually read romance, but so far so good.
I know it, I can't get enough of it. My wife who hates everything horror, watched episoded 2 with me and she got hooked.

It's great new season isn't until October, brutal
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2010, 07:54 PM   #33
Ozric
Zealot
Ozric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watch

Device: way too many =)
I'm reading Heaven's Net is Wide, the prequel to Tales of the Otori, on my new Nook Color. The 5th Dray Prescot book was actually next on my reading list but, although I enjoy the series, they're pretty dated, and since I just got my Nook Color last night, I wanted the first thing I read on it to be a little more special
Ozric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:07 PM   #34
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
At Home by Bill Bryson. I'm halfway through and loving it.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:52 PM   #35
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by aagstn View Post
At Home by Bill Bryson. I'm halfway through and loving it.
Glad to hear that you enjoy this book! It's on my wishlist.

I just finished my first book on my new NOOKcolor, The Fall of Giants by Ken Follett, which I borrowed from my library. Now I am reading The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus by Frank Baum which I got from Google Books. I picked that one because obviously it's the Christmas season, but I was also looking for something with colorful illustrations to test out on the NC. I haven't decided what to read next, leaning towards Paris Vendetta by Steve Berry.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 12:25 AM   #36
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
One Unashamed Night by Sophia James and before that The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker by Hieber.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:58 AM   #37
RW2112
Connoisseur
RW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
I know it, I can't get enough of it. My wife who hates everything horror, watched episoded 2 with me and she got hooked.

It's great new season isn't until October, brutal
To tide you over til October you can always pick up the Walking Dead comics (or Graphic Novels) the series is based on. I've been reading them since issue one... (current issue is #79)

On my Nook currently reading The Complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft available in the library here on the site. Always good to get back into the Cthulhu mythos once more....
RW2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:14 AM   #38
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW2112 View Post
To tide you over til October you can always pick up the Walking Dead comics (or Graphic Novels) the series is based on. I've been reading them since issue one... (current issue is #79)

On my Nook currently reading The Complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft available in the library here on the site. Always good to get back into the Cthulhu mythos once more....
I read the first volume before the show and it was pretty good. I haven't much more yet.

I am reading Matched, a Young Adult dystopian and The Devil Inside, an Urban Fantasy that I am reading for a group at goodreads.com.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:22 PM   #39
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW2112 View Post

ahhh thanks for the heads up.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:18 PM   #40
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
Just finished "The Lies of Locke Lamora" and am currently reading the second in this series titled "Red Seas Under Red Skies" both by Scott Lynch. Excellent fantasy thus far.

Eagerly awaiting "The Wise Man's Fear" Patrick Rothfuss's sequel to his awesome fantasy debut "The Name of the Wind."

Sadly I almost feel like giving up on waiting for George R. R. Martin to finally (after five years and counting) put out the next installment in the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series.
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:12 PM   #41
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
Just finished "The Lies of Locke Lamora" and am currently reading the second in this series titled "Red Seas Under Red Skies" both by Scott Lynch. Excellent fantasy thus far.

Eagerly awaiting "The Wise Man's Fear" Patrick Rothfuss's sequel to his awesome fantasy debut "The Name of the Wind."

Sadly I almost feel like giving up on waiting for George R. R. Martin to finally (after five years and counting) put out the next installment in the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series.
Yes, the Wise Mans Fear comes out in March!

About G.R.R.M. I can't even imagine. I never finished the series myself, but I would be pissed if I had to wait that long. Even us Jordan fans didn't have to wait that long after his sickness, death, and new author. We only waited 4 years for the next Wheel of Time book. I say only, but boy did it seem forever.

For those that love epic fantasy, I would highly recommend The Riyria Revelations. I actually started with the second book, and it was amazing! I am downloading the podio audiobook via iTunes right now. Sullivan offers his books for a discount to Good Reads members as well. You can buy via B&N or Amazon or through his site. Link, The Crown Conspiracy.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:27 AM   #42
donovan1983
donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Working on the latest issue of Foreign Affairs, which is always excellent, and just started George W. Bush's "Decision Points", which despite my disagreements with him as president and that I normally don't much care for memoirs, is so far an interesting read. Last night I finished the short story "Sarah Palin: Vampire Hunter" by Dan McGirt from Smashwords and it was an absolutely hilarious read.
donovan1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #43
AndyfromVA
Zealot
AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook 1E, K3, K4, Paperwhite 2
I've been getting some dynamite library books lately. Right now I'm reading Bruce Catton's "A Stillness at Appomattox". Despite my interest in the Civil War I never got around to it - until now.
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #44
AndyfromVA
Zealot
AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndyfromVA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook 1E, K3, K4, Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm View Post

You're aware that they're making a big budget HBO series of The Game of Thrones, aren't you? I can't wait!!
AndyfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:48 PM   #45
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
I am. I am stoked about that but I really REALLY want the next book!
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote