Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-01-2010, 01:41 PM   #16
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Well, it is early in the year, but I think I will call it.

I got my kindle back!!! Got a call this morning, someone tried to sell it to this guy (Michael), and he took it out of my nice Oberon case, and saw the business card taped to the back of the case. The seller said "I found it, I will return it." Michael said "You tried to sell it, I will return it." Unbeknowst to him, there had been a business card taped to the inside front cover - that had been removed.

It had been offered for $200. I'm thinking a Starbucks gift card.

Obviously, I have wracked some karma up somewhere!

Debra
YES!!!

Congratulations from all of us who followed this story! I'm so glad for you!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #17
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
It's so great to read this! I remember too reading that you had lost your Kindle.

Since you replaced it already I think your plan is a great one!
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:50 PM   #18
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Quote:
I agree. The more I think about it, I don't think a Starbucks card is sufficient. I replaced the kindle, and no one else in my family reads for pleasure. I have 2 chargers at home. I'm thinking of asking him if he would like to keep it, I will give him the chargers (and even the original box) and he gives me $50. What do you think?
That sounds like a wonderful idea to me. As you said, you had written it off long ago. So it would be nice to reward him for his honesty in contacting you - he could have just kept it. Lovely end to the real-life story
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:56 PM   #19
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
I think that's a great plan. He was good enough to give you a break, returning the favor is just going to be good karma all the way around.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:16 PM   #20
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
That is awesome! Even though you don't need the Kindle anymore, it still feels good to know someone is honest enough to do that.

I think your plan is just the thing, too.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:27 PM   #21
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Did you include that lovely Oberon in the sale?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:44 PM   #22
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Did you include that lovely Oberon in the sale?
Yes. I don't use one with my K2, but really liked it for my K1.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:50 PM   #23
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Probably, but life is too short - he lost a $200 sale, I think that is enough for me.

Sometime in November. So it has been awhile. I had written it off.

I agree. The more I think about it, I don't think a Starbucks card is sufficient. I replaced the kindle, and no one else in my family reads for pleasure. I have 2 chargers at home. I'm thinking of asking him if he would like to keep it, I will give him the chargers (and even the original box) and he gives me $50. What do you think?
Quote:
Yes. I don't use one with my K2, but really liked it for my K1.
so where is the Oberon!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:15 PM   #24
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Stories like this restore my faith in humanity.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:16 PM   #25
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnett View Post
Stories like this restore my faith in humanity.
me too. *both* parts of this story.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:59 PM   #26
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
Yea! Sydney's Mom! I am glad this has a good ending. If think it is great that you wwant to reward the guy returning your Kindle, and if you are willing to part with the Kindle for $50 the guy will probably jump at the chance. K to you ma'am for hanging in there and posting this thread. I hope it is returned to you many times over. Keep Reading
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:42 PM   #27
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Great news. I'd like to think that fellow readers would be inclined to always do this if they found someone's kindle!
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote