Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-19-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
aemarshall2
aemarshall2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD
Unhappy Nook HD & Windows XP

Hello all. So, I am not very savvy when it comes to troubleshooting computer issues and am at a loss with my Nook HD. My uncle loaded my Calibre with tons of books, but it will not recognize my Nook at all. Calibre is updated to version 1.7.0 and my Windows Media Player is version 11 (I'm only adding this information because in previous posts others were suggesting updating those programs). My computer recognizes my Nook - it pops up NOOK (E, but I can't put anything on it because it gives the error of the device being write-protected - even my own pictures. As I stated, I'm at a complete loss... help? In layman's terms, please.
aemarshall2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Calibre can/will (too many issues) NOT detect MTP devices on XP.

Use Calibre Companion (for Android) or the Content server to WiFi connect
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, nook hd, windows xp