Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-08-2012, 12:47 AM   #346
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Step by step on how to lend library books

See here for a a great step by step video in how to check out library books at your library using overdrive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgKby...e_gdata_player

And here is the article that goes with it:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/n...ith-kindle.ars

Last edited by salsaguy; 01-08-2012 at 12:52 AM. Reason: added link and article
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #347
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It is probably in this thread somewhere but how do you listen to a radio station with the KF and not lose it when opening another tab to browse a different website at the same time?
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #348
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
It is probably in this thread somewhere but how do you listen to a radio station with the KF and not lose it when opening another tab to browse a different website at the same time?
Use the TuneIn App instead. It has Radio stations from everywhere on it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #349
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Use the TuneIn App instead. It has Radio stations from everywhere on it.

TuneIn does not have the sports talk station I want unfortunately.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #350
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
TuneIn does not have the sports talk station I want unfortunately.
What station is it?
Old 01-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #351
robertc88
Fanatic

WFAN SportsRadio 66 out of NYC I believe.

Can you do multiply things at the same time with whatever you listen to with TuneIn?
Old 01-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #352
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
WFAN SportsRadio 66 out of NYC I believe.

Can you do multiply things at the same time with whatever you listen to with TuneIn?
Yes you can. It plays in the notification bar while you do other things. It looks like your station is restricted on Tune In but they have their own Andriod app
Old 01-09-2012, 11:27 PM   #353
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Mobile1

I don't know if anyone posted about this site yet but I was able to download the 1 Mobile Market directly to the Fire and it looks and works great. Some neat stuff there. I was mostly interested in the Skyfire browser which works well. For some reason Dophin was a complete dud on my Fire. Skyfire is better. I have to say that Silk is not slow for me and I haven't found anything faster yet.

http://m.1mobile.com

Barb
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:32 PM   #354
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by beej231 View Post
I don't know if anyone posted about this site yet but I was able to download the 1 Mobile Market directly to the Fire and it looks and works great. Some neat stuff there. I was mostly interested in the Skyfire browser which works well. For some reason Dophin was a complete dud on my Fire. Skyfire is better. I have to say that Silk is not slow for me and I haven't found anything faster yet.

http://m.1mobile.com

Barb
Yep it's posted here with other sites that do the same.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:40 AM   #355
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Yes the fire can play music mp3 files or audible books in the background while surfing the web or other activities other than apps of course which normally take over the audio and lock u out.
as long as you can see the task bar you can do multiple things at the same time.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:42 AM   #356
salsaguy
Addict

Beej
Where did you get your copy of Dolphin and what ver is it and is it mini or hd version?
Try opera mini as well and check the forum on sideloaded browsers

Many here have used Dolphin successfully on their Fire including me.

Last edited by salsaguy; 01-11-2012 at 12:44 AM. Reason: typeos
Old 01-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #357
robertc88
Fanatic

I tried Dolphin Browser now for a few days on an older tablet I have to see if I liked it. I'm hooked and I'll install it on the Fire soon!

Edit: Just finished and I updated my bookmarks. It is working great on all those sites so far!

Last edited by robertc88; 01-11-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #358
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
Beej
Where did you get your copy of Dolphin and what ver is it and is it mini or hd version?
Try opera mini as well and check the forum on sideloaded browsers

Many here have used Dolphin successfully on their Fire including me.
I don't remember where I got Dolphin. I took off almost immediately.
Barb
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:03 AM   #359
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
I use Dolphin HD and I love it. I have not had any kind of speed with Silk.
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #360
robertc88
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yes you can. It plays in the notification bar while you do other things. It looks like your station is restricted on Tune In but they have their own Andriod app
It looks like listening to other radio stations on different apps will be available in the background with ICS unless I'm misunderstanding. I sure am anxious to be able to do so with the sports talk station I mentioned.