Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-20-2007, 04:03 PM   #1
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Can you buy the ORIGINAL cover?

Might be strange for some people here, but I actually like the orginal cover a lot. It's sleek and compact. ANd with this cover, I can fit the whole reader in my jacket's lower inner pocket.

But it might wear off early, so... anyone know where a replacement can be bought in case I need it (maybe it'd be good enough for the whole 2 years I expect the reader to be good enough. I was hoping that after 2 years, a new model will come with the upgrades I wished for )
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:23 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Try contacting Sony Style and see what they have to say.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:48 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
If they aren't any help, there might be some folks around here who would part with theirs.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:57 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
If they aren't any help, there might be some folks around here who would part with theirs.
That's true. maybe one of the folks who have bought the M-Edge cover or the replacement cover from Sony.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:33 AM   #5
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Can't you just buy them from Sony?
Here's a link to their spares shop
http://servicesales.sel.sony.com/eco...rchText=prs500
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:49 PM   #6
maxk
Enthusiast
maxk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hate to reopen an old thread, but a plastic tab on my PRS-505 cover just broke as well and looks non-macguyverable.

I'm not interested in any of these other replacements people have mentioned in this sub-forum so far - the original was slim and sturdy enough (apart from the clip snapping when I dropped it).

So I'm now looking for somewhere to buy an original cover that comes with the 505 dark blue - does any one know where I can get one? (Also must ship overseas so Sony Style is out).

The Sony spare parts site doesn't seem to have them - or at least they don't turn up in the PRS-505 results.
maxk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:08 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

maxk, next time I am in town I can stop at SonyStyle and see if I a cover can be purchased. I'll let you know when I find out. Should be sometime this week.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:25 PM   #8
maxk
Enthusiast

Thanks JSWolf
Old 02-19-2008, 09:43 AM   #9
PHugger
Connoisseur
PHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle 3G, Sony PRS-505
I just so happen to have a spare 505 cover that I could be convinced to part with (original tan pleather). I have a deluxe leather cover on my reader and don't need the original one. If you would like it, just PM me with your earth address and I'll send it off to you.

PCH

(I had a second spare cover (when my 505 was replaced) and already gave that one away)
PHugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #10
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHugger View Post
I just so happen to have a spare 505 cover that I could be convinced to part with (original tan pleather). I have a deluxe leather cover on my reader and don't need the original one. If you would like it, just PM me with your earth address and I'll send it off to you.

PCH

(I had a second spare cover (when my 505 was replaced) and already gave that one away)
Oh....I wish I knew about it before....I really like the tanned cover.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:16 PM   #11
maxk
Enthusiast

PHugger very generous!! PM sent
Old 02-27-2008, 10:15 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I was at the SonyStyle Store yesterday and they do not sell the original covers.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:55 PM   #13
maxk
Enthusiast

Thanks to PHugger my 505 is now safe and secure in a new tan cover!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	505-tan-cover.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	11387  
Old 03-10-2008, 05:27 AM   #14
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Lucky you!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:18 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckytiff02 View Post
Sony is your best place
Sony does not sell the original cover separately. If you want a replacement cover, you have to buy the upgrade cover from Sony. I did check with the local SonyStyle Store and it was a no we don't sell the original cover.