Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-16-2010, 04:22 PM   #1
tyche
Addict
tyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with others

Device: PRS-505, iPad
Big sale on iOS apps by EA

I thought this might interest a few. EA has a massive .99 sale on their apps for iPhone and iPad. Scrabble 9.99, yahtzee 4.99, the new SimCity HD 6.99, Madden 12.99 and lots of others. I finally got scrabble! The one shame is they didn't put the new monopoly hd on sale.

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2010/12/e...lowest-prices/
tyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:48 PM   #2
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

Device: Red Sony 505 and Ipad
I already had Scrabble and Yatzee which I love!! I think I got scrabble for 4.99 though a couple of weeks ago. I downloaded the new Monopoly this morning but haven't played it yet.
SHOECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:02 PM   #3
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
I just grabbed Mirror's Edge, SimCity, and both Need for Speed games for my iPad! And I agree... I would have definitely gotten Monopoly HD if it were on sale. I guess they didn't want to upset those folks who paid $9.99 as it was just released.

It looks like some other game publishers are having holiday sales too. These are what I've found so far (I should note that I'm only looking through the iPad section):
Paranorma Agency HD - 99¢
Knights of the Phantasm Castle - 99¢ (also plays on iPhone)
iBomber Defense - 99¢
Ultraviolet Dawn HD - 99¢
Project Phoenix - 99¢
Helsing's Fire HD - $1.99

Last edited by Dylrob; 12-16-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:04 PM   #4
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

I've been playing monopoly for the last hour..it's rocks!
Old 12-16-2010, 10:02 PM   #5
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Heh, unsurprisingly EA is dominating the top paid list (for both iPad and iPhone) with all these discounted games. Some are even in the top grossing.

Last edited by Dylrob; 12-16-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:16 PM   #6
SHOECHICK
Addict

I got 11 new games tonight.......I think I saved a bundle
Old 12-19-2010, 12:09 AM   #7
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Well I ended up getting Monopoly for iPad anyway. I wouldn't say its the best electronic version I've played (I sill prefer the old Mac version), but overall an excellent adaption.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:41 PM   #8
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
i just got scrabble for ipad.
Does anyone have the scrabble for iphone and ipad?? Is the iphone version playable?
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:16 AM   #9
Illinifan
Connoisseur
Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 4, iPhone 4, iPod touch, Sony PRS 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhari79 View Post
i just got scrabble for ipad.
Does anyone have the scrabble for iphone and ipad?? Is the iphone version playable?
I have it on my iPod touch and it is very playable. You can zoom into the portion of the board where you want to play. I think I paid $2.99. Definitely worth it so at $.99, it's a bargain.
Illinifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:57 PM   #10
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Hey, if anyone out there is a fan of JRPGs, Square Enix is having a huge sale in the app store. With the majority of their games going for between 47-67% off.

Also a number of Gameloft titles are currently available for 99¢.

Last edited by Dylrob; 12-21-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:46 AM   #11
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Oh great, NOW Monopoly for iPad drops to 99¢.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:52 AM   #12
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
Those 99 cent deals in the USA are 59 pence here in the UK. Not that I want to gloat at all. Much!
mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:58 AM   #13
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhudston View Post
Those 99 cent deals in the USA are 59 pence here in the UK. Not that I want to gloat at all. Much!
Ah, but what is the equivalent value?

BTW I don't think Apple even allows apps to be priced less than $0.99 in the states.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:15 AM   #14
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Ah, but what is the equivalent value?

BTW I don't think Apple even allows apps to be priced less than $0.99 in the states.
To be homiest they are broadly equivalent, as 59 pence is the lowest app price, other than free ofcourse. But our cheapest iTunes tracks tend to be 79 pence.

Perversely the normal apple ideology is one pound sterling equals one dollar US. For example the cheepest IPad is 459 Pounds.
mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:40 AM   #15
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhudston View Post
To be homiest they are broadly equivalent, as 59 pence is the lowest app price, other than free ofcourse. But our cheapest iTunes tracks tend to be 79 pence.

Perversely the normal apple ideology is one pound sterling equals one dollar US. For example the cheepest IPad is 459 Pounds.
Actually that particular example isn't one-to-one, since the cheapest iPad here is $499.