Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-09-2017, 05:09 PM   #16
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Epub search still broken, (but easy to work around, now that trigger condition is known.)
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:14 PM   #17
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Which affiliates is this currently seeded to?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2017, 07:52 PM   #18
Sir Loyne
Connoisseur
Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Aura One
I've put it on my Glo HD. I've had the old home screen up until now. This isn't bad. It's definitely a lot cleaner looking, just as long as it doesn't become a giant ad for the Kobo bookstore. As of now that's limited to a very small section in the bottom left. That could change once I turn on the WiFi. I'm holding off on putting it on my Aura One until Calibre has an update to support this new firmware. I'm a fan of the "sort by series" option, which the Aura One has had for a while now. I'm glad to see it on the Glo HD.
Sir Loyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:06 PM   #19
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Calibre supports it now. Just check the checkbox to support unsupported database levels.

As I've said in the past if there is ever a release where this won't work rest assured that one of the beta testers would chime up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:34 PM   #20
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Okay, I manage to download mark 4, it took about 8 minutes.
Any idea if it also for Mini?
Sorry but no. I just checked for the KA1 and deduced the download links for the other versions from that link.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2017, 08:38 PM   #21
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
I actually don't know since the only item logged is the download links for the firmware as it steps through the affiliate list. A quick and dirty kludge at best (quick as in quick to create, not quick to run).
Old 05-09-2017, 08:41 PM   #22
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Loyne View Post
I'm holding off on putting it on my Aura One until Calibre has an update to support this new firmware. I'm a fan of the "sort by series" option, which the Aura One has had for a while now. I'm glad to see it on the Glo HD.
If you have "attempt to support newer firmware" checked in the device configuration, your KA1 should be happy with the new firmware. The Aura H2O2 is a different issue since Calibre does not have it's USB ID to identify it.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:56 PM   #23
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
One thing I've noticed is that on my Glo HD I'm not experiencing missed page turns, and in fact haven't for quite a few beta builds
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:00 PM   #24
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Does anyone here know which affiliates get this firmware so I can fix my tool?

Sent from my surnia using Tapatalk
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:08 PM   #25
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
I have a problem to download the new FW it stop downloading after 10MB.
Also it doesn't show here.
Just fixed it. The beta affiliate gets it, so I added it to the affiliates to check.

http://geek1011.github.io/KoboStuff/....html#4.4.9298
Old 05-09-2017, 10:09 PM   #26
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You might want to add the release notes link: http://api.kobobooks.com/1.0/ReleaseNotes/66

It actually is useful this time.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:13 PM   #27
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
As far as I know, bestbuyca and beta.

My tool also has a new option to see other affiliates and their versions.

Last edited by geek1011; 05-09-2017 at 10:17 PM.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:16 PM   #28
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I noticed the Mark 4 download slowed after the first 30MB and took about 10 minutes to complete but the Mark 3, 5 & 6 had no issues though I don't know if that is Kobo's issue or Akamai's. As for geek1011's firmware locator? What I used cycles through all the Kobo affiliates I have listed in a fashion best described as slower than molasses -- a coder I'm not. I think bestbuy.ca was the winner on this firmware but really wasn't paying attention -- Gods of Sagittarius was claiming my attention while it ran.

I used the Mark 6 5 & 4 firmware to update my various Kobos. (KA1, Aura H20, Aura HD, Aura) and all seemed happy enough.
You can submit a pr to the github repo for my firmware downloader if you want to. It is simple to add more affiliates.

I am also planning to add an option for user specified affiliates in the page and push notifications when I have a chance.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:37 PM   #29
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Knowing that I could always roll back the firmware, I thought I would give this new update a chance on my original Aura despite the new home screen.

Unfortunately, it did not seem to like the Chinese font I had sideloaded and which had been working fine before the update. Sometimes it would open a Chinese epub just fine, but mostly it would show me a blank page. It would take multiple reboots before it would open up a Chinese book correctly again. I even tried sideloading a different Chinese font. Didn't work.

So I rolled back to FW 3.19.5761 and all is well again.

Throughout this failed experiment, I got more familiar with the new home screen. It wasn't all that bad, actually, although I still do prefer the old one. The curious thing, however, was that, even though I had manually installed the update with wifi off, it kept showing me deals such as "Top Picks" or "Books for Under $5" in the lower right hand corner. So much for their claim about "No advertising".

I might have been able to live with the new home screen since I saw how it could easily be avoided, but I need to be able to read Chinese books which I could and now can again since rolling back to the old firmware. Strange.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:50 PM   #30
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
As far as I know, bestbuyca and beta.
I can confirm bestbuyca.

This update is giving me mega problems right now, the biggest being that the OS shows me as having no books since it's not showing the stuff on my sd card where all books are loaded. The card shows up fine when the device is connected to a PC, but not when the device is up & running. Reseating the card, nothing, rebooting the device, nothing.

My Books only shows stuff in the cloud (can't find a way to hide it but that may be because the device sees no books on board).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote