Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 04-17-2017, 05:18 PM   #1
flarglestiltskin
flarglestiltskin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Go Comics rotate comic

Hello everyone,

I've recently fallen in love with the Go Comics news feed - it is fantastic! My only issue is that sometimes the images are too small, so I manually rotate them on my screen.

Is there any way to make it so that the news feed automatically rotates the comic strip? (ie. the comic strip is presented in landscape format rather than portrait). That would give the strip much more screen real estate, and make it easier to read.

I've tried a number of methods to resolve this, but I just end up breaking the feed. Any help that you could provide would be very much appreciated!
flarglestiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:09 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I assume your reader does not support landscape mode? You can implement postporcess_book() in your recipe, that will be passed the book object during conversion. Take a look at the transforms/rescale.py in the calibre source code for an example of how to processes images in the book object.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert