Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-23-2018, 06:13 PM   #1
libertango
Connoisseur
libertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo clara hd, kobo glo hd, kobo aura h2o, kobo touch, kindle dx
Kobo Glo Hd power botton strange behavior

I am not sure how the power botton of my Glo HD works!
If the device is powered off and I want to turn it on I don't know how long I have to keep it pressed. Sure a short press and release doesn't work.
If I pay attention and look at the led light behind the botton, I see that most of the times as soon as the led is on the device is going to start up.
What is strange is that the amount of time I must keep the botton pressed does vary. Sometimes even if I can see the led on for a moment the device does not complete the start up and remains powered off. Sometimes I keep it pressed more then 10 seconds and nothing happens, I have to release and press again to start up the device.
libertango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:12 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Are you doing this immediately after powering off? If so, wait five or ten seconds. The device is still shutting down when the "Powered Off" message is displayed.

After that, holding the power button down for a second or so seems to turn it on for me.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2018, 03:42 AM   #3
libertango
Connoisseur
libertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo clara hd, kobo glo hd, kobo aura h2o, kobo touch, kindle dx
Thanks davidfor you nailed it
libertango is offline   Reply With Quote