Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-11-2018, 09:43 AM   #1
LittleRach
LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Maybe need a new ereader

I think I may have lost my beloved kobo. Think I left it at the doctors surgery, but they don’t have it, so....

I’ve had a couple of Kobos, no problems, like them. Was planning on eventually updating to the Kobo One (the one that lets you borrow from the library with Overdrive). However, our local libraries have now moved from Overdrive to BorrowBox, so this won’t work with the kobo.

Are there many U.K. libraries still using Overdrive? Because if there are, then I will just get the Kobo One, and join that library.

If not, then I’m not sure the One is worth the extra money. So then I’m wondering Kobo or Kindle? I’ve always avoided Kindle because I don’t really want to give Amazon any more of my money, but maybe it would be better?

Any ideas or opinions very gratefully received.
LittleRach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:05 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRach View Post
I’ve had a couple of Kobos, no problems, like them. Was planning on eventually updating to the Kobo One (the one that lets you borrow from the library with Overdrive). However, our local libraries have now moved from Overdrive to BorrowBox, so this won’t work with the kobo.
It looks like you should be able to use BorrowBox with your Kobo (just no direct download, i.e., you'll have to have ADE installed on your computer – but I'm guessing that how you used Overdrive anyhow(?)). Kindles definitely will NOT work with BorrowBox – unless you consider an Amazon Fire a "Kindle" but that's only because BorrowBox uses an Android app.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2018, 01:58 PM   #3
LittleRach
LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.LittleRach got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
At the moment I don’t really use Overdrive, because I don’t have a PC (have access to one when I really need it, but it’s a pain). So I thought it would be nice to borrow directly.
LittleRach is offline   Reply With Quote