Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-25-2014, 03:12 AM   #1
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kobo Glo
No bold type in Caecilia?

I'm re-reading a book that I know has lots of bold type (the Night's Dawn trilogy, a particular guilty pleasure), and it just occurred to me that none of the bold type is showing up as bold in my preferred font for reading "pulp fiction"; Caecilia. It's does show up as bold with all the other fonts.

Has anybody else noticed? Is it a known bug?

Last edited by Joques; 04-25-2014 at 03:52 AM.
Joques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:57 AM   #2
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Bold shows up fine in Caecilia. Aura 6", Firmware 3.3.0.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2014, 04:42 AM   #3
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

I'm running 3.1.1.
Hm.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:02 AM   #4
Joques
Addict

Anybody know if this was a particularity of 3.1.1? In that case I might have to upgrade - though not until two-finger swipe and nightmode has been implemented for 3.3