Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 01-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
Adele Ward
Connoisseur
Adele Ward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adele Ward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adele Ward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adele Ward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adele Ward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adele Ward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adele Ward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adele Ward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adele Ward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adele Ward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adele Ward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Invitation to read your book in the virtual world of Second Life

I run the most active writing groups on Second Life with notices going out to about 2,000 members. Each week I hold two open mic events. It seems to me these are good places to read from a Kindle book and to hand out a link to the audience. It's completely free to take part in this and there's an event today, Wednesday, at 2pm Pacific Time (Californian time) which is 10pm in the UK.

If you would like to try it you can click on this link to arrive in the virtual world of Second Life right at the open mic http://slurl.com/secondlife/Cookie/12/242/22

You do need to register for a free with Second Life first, if you haven't already. It's on http://www.secondlife.com

Each reader at the open mic can read for up to 10 minutes. If you would like to promote your book by reading an excerpt every week to read a few chapters or the whole thing, then let me know. If we can, we would start with your reading and your name and the name of your book would go out to the whole 2,000 or so people in the notices.

The actual event attracts the sort of audience you might see at a real life event, so it can be just a few, or it can be quite a crowd, but notices go to more people. It feels more like taking part in a face to face event than message boards do, with the added advantage of there being a large group knowing about it.

As with the message boards you do need to be aware that everybody there is a writer, so it's a community and interest in each other's work has to go both ways if it's to work well. I can make little books if you pass me the cover when you come on to Second Life, and people click on these books to go to your Kindle page. In fact the books don't have to be Kindles, they can be in any form.

Everything I do for writers on Second Life is nonprofit so it's all free.

The project I run on Second Life is part of the Written Word project I run in real life, on Second Life, and on other websites including http://writtenword.ning.com

I've been running nonprofit projects to help writers since 1998 when I moved back to London from living for a number of years in Italy.

Just thought I'd make this clear as I wear a number of hats - as author and publisher professionally, but also as organiser of non-income writing projects.
Adele Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Bookmarked. I haven't got the time at the moment to do this, but it does sound interesting, and I'll look into it.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #3
Adele Ward
Connoisseur
Adele Ward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adele Ward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adele Ward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adele Ward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adele Ward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adele Ward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adele Ward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adele Ward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adele Ward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adele Ward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adele Ward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Look forward to meeting you Steven. I've been running this project on Second Life since early 2007 and won't be going anywhere so the events will still be running when you're free.
Adele Ward is offline   Reply With Quote