Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-15-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
TallNHairyDave
The Yeti
TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPhone 3gs
Smile Graargh *stomp stomp stomp*

... And as if by magic, the Yeti appeared.

Hello all, I'm Am's husband Dave, aka "The Yeti". Yes she finally got me to join mobileread instead of just lurking!

see you in the Llounge!
TallNHairyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:34 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
good god !!! he's real !!!!!

welcome, yeti !! we've heard quite a lot about you. i didn't expect any confirmed sightings but i'm very pleased to be the first to welcome you.

(heheheh... you know you'll never escape once you've been sucked in, right ? )
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #3
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Hi, Dave the Yeti, and Welcome to MobileRead!

I usually take this opportunity to tell newcomers all about the wonderful things that MR has to offer, but I am sure you know all of that already. I'll just say that I've thoroughly enjoyed your wife's posts and, in particular, her scone recipes!

Enjoy the Llounge and Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:40 PM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Instant Karma for having the friendliest name (proven) in the world; Dave, and for having a nickname of 'Yeti' Welcome!
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:41 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Welcome!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2009, 04:42 PM   #6
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
(heheheh... you know you'll never escape once you've been sucked in, right ? )
I think he's hoping he might actually get to talk to more this way
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:42 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I think he's hoping he might actually get to talk to more this way
he's probably right. i certainly talk a lot around here.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:43 PM   #8
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
he's probably right. i certainly talk a lot around here.
So I can't type properly! (this is what I meant about speed vs legibility )
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:43 PM   #9
TallNHairyDave
The Yeti
TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.

Thank you all for the friendly welcome!

Yeti hugs all round (they're like bear hugs, but more Yeti-ish)
Old 07-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #10
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi TallNHairyDave and welcome to MobileRead. Give our best to Am
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #11
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallNHairyDave View Post
Thank you all for the friendly welcome!

Yeti hugs all round (they're like bear hugs, but more Yeti-ish)
with pleasure, just be careful ! i'm worried a yeti might not know his own strength.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:48 PM   #12
TallNHairyDave
The Yeti

Quote:
with pleasure, just be careful ! i'm worried a yeti might not know his own strength.
Don't worry, despite our large gruff and hairy exteriors we're really quite sensetive and gentle creatures us Yetis. Generally no risk of accidentally crushing soft and squishy humans.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:49 PM   #13
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Look, you don't understand, Dave! Am and I were just on the couch in The Llounge and my tail just happened to touch and tickle her feet. That's it. Nothing more. I swear. Right, Am? You're telling him, right?

(Welcome!)
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:20 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallNHairyDave View Post
Don't worry, despite our large gruff and hairy exteriors we're really quite sensetive and gentle creatures us Yetis. Generally no risk of accidentally crushing soft and squishy humans.
ouf ! that's a relief. hug away, then !
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Look, you don't understand, Dave! Am and I were just on the couch in The Llounge and my tail just happened to touch and tickle her feet. That's it. Nothing more. I swear. Right, Am? You're telling him, right?

(Welcome!)
pull the other one !
Old 07-15-2009, 06:27 PM   #15
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Welcome, TallNHairyDave. Living in Wales, I have a predisposition to like Daves, so it is nice to meet you.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote