Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-10-2017, 01:50 AM   #1
kdusr
Connoisseur
kdusr began at the beginning.

Device: KOA, KV, KOA2,PW4,PW5
which file contains search bar history keyword?

Every time to run RUNME.sh file, it needs typing ";log runme" in kindle search bar,

When I search some regular keyword in the search bar, kindle always store searched history keyword but not";log runme"

My plan is to find the file which contains search bar history keyword, force write in ";log runme"

e.g I searched "tom and jerry",
then open xterm :
find / -type f -exec grep -l "tom and jerry" {} \;

but find nothing
searched history keyword is not store in file, in memory?
kdusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:59 AM   #2
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdusr View Post
Every time to run RUNME.sh file, it needs typing ";log runme" in kindle search bar,

When I search some regular keyword in the search bar, kindle always store searched history keyword but not";log runme"

My plan is to find the file which contains search bar history keyword, force write in ";log runme"

e.g I searched "tom and jerry",
then open xterm :
find / -type f -exec grep -l "tom and jerry" {} \;

but find nothing
searched history keyword is not store in file, in memory?

It will probably be in one of the '*.db" sqlite files. I don't know which one off the top of my head.

I have also made a 'booklet' based off KUAL ( which does not work reliably on KOA2 ) that just runs a script, like runme.sh.

I have been thinking of whether it is better to have that just run one script, or let people repackage it, so you could actually have individual programs on your home screen.

Last edited by coplate; 12-10-2017 at 12:02 PM.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
history, kindle, search bar