Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-14-2011, 08:07 AM   #16
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Well, I tried it one more time, removing the SD card (as some suggest) before copying yet another copy of the update file to the root directory of the Nook. It continued to ignore it, as earlier. So I took your advice, lightcap, and rebooted the Nook. That did the trick - after it finished rebooting and then started up normally, it went to sleep as normal and then in about 1 minute it started the update.

So, rebooting seems to be the answer on systems that are ignoring the update file. Yes!
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:24 PM   #17
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
I don't like this new version so far. They removed the handy menu at the bottom of the screen, so now you HAVE TO press that physical "n" button to go anywhere. Why did they do that?!? It was so much easier to tap the bottom of the screen.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2011, 06:40 AM   #18
face
face began at the beginning.

Device: Color Nook
Found a way, works for me anyway, to install new version. Once it is on the nook I navigate to Library>My Files (make sure you are looking at Nook and not SD card). When it goes to sleep from here, it did the install. This has worked on 2 separate Nooks.

Good Luck
face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #19
MV64
Addict
MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
The problems were widespread. BN help said it was happening and they didn't know what was causing it, but as usual, they just sort of gradually fix it it seems without telling anyone anything. Telling people "Just wait and they'll eventually get around to fixing it" is not very satisfying when they come for help.
MV64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:00 PM   #20
Tabatha
Groupie
Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KTouch-PW-WIFI Galaxy Tablet 7 Plus 32gb Galaxy Player 5.0-4.2
Have not done update yet, and have N2A card booted up. Can B&N still do OTA update, and what would it do to the N2A card? Thanks for any insight with this issue.
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2011, 01:49 PM   #21
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabatha View Post
Have not done update yet, and have N2A card booted up. Can B&N still do OTA update, and what would it do to the N2A card? Thanks for any insight with this issue.
There's a thread discussing this topic on the Barnes and Noble boards. I'm using my SD slot to hold movies and haven't put my N2A card in it for months. Here's how they describe doing it on the B&N Nook Color board.

1. shut down NC (complete shutdown)
2. remove N2A card
3. start NC
4. sideload the update
5. NC will restart as part of the update. after it is running in native mode, shut it clear down again
6. install N2A card

Reports are good. The only problem anyone reported is that the native B&N viewer stopped displaying YouTube videos.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote