Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 06-14-2010, 01:07 PM   #1
aidren
Edge User

pencil note mapping issues in pdfs

I know this has been brought up before, but I couldn't find the thread.

I thought this had been corrected with the last update, but... the way it works now is this. If you make a pencil note while zoomed in, when you go back to that page via the bookmark or annotation tool, the reader automatically zooms to the level that you made the note at. However, there are still these issues happening...

1) when you export your annotations, it exports at the zoom level it was created in, so, in my case, there was a section of the page not visible. Also, if you export a range of pages, they all export at that zoom level.

2) after adding pencil notes at one zoom level, if you change the zoom level, the notes don't map (which I think was the original problem that was reported)

I'm really hoping Entourage can solve this in the near future, but in the meantime, the workaround I'm using is to zoom out to 'no magnification', then make the notes and then zoom back in.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
aidren
Edge User

Thanks Boris. Perhaps one of the moderators can move this thread.

From another post...
Quote:
I think the easier solution would be to make the reader remember the zoom setting that was used when we did the annotation. That way when we click on an annotation link on the LCD side the ereader will not only show the right page but also the correct zoom
I think this is what Entourage did... hopefully just as an interim (bandaid?) fix. Unfortunately, it created a new problem.

Also, when I was making notes while zoomed in, I wasn't able to access the other section of the same page, because each time I went back to the annotations mode, I was taken back to the exact view that the previous notes were made in.

Advert
Old 06-14-2010, 02:22 PM   #3
fgruber
Edge User

Yes I see how this could be a problem. Hopefully in the future they will make the annotation scale with the rest of the document instead of tying them up with the zoom level.

For now what I do is before doing annotations in a page I find a zoom level that will allow me to do any annotation in the page. If there is not enough space in the margins I just create the annotation on a journal page and link it to the document.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidren View Post
Thanks Boris. Perhaps one of the moderators can move this thread.

From another post...
I think this is what Entourage did... hopefully just as an interim (bandaid?) fix. Unfortunately, it created a new problem.

Also, when I was making notes while zoomed in, I wasn't able to access the other section of the same page, because each time I went back to the annotations mode, I was taken back to the exact view that the previous notes were made in.