Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-02-2010, 03:28 PM   #1
musteman
Enthusiast
musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: KOBO AURA ONE
The light for the M-Edge cover perfomance??

Hello again,

I'm used to the light+cover of the Sony PRS 505 (works really well) and I would like to know if anybody has tried the M-Edge cover+Light... The design is not perfect (compare to the Sony) but what worries me the most is the light performance. I have tried some separated lights and the results were not good on the Irex DR800 screen..

Thanks for your help!
musteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:44 AM   #2
Jumpn Jack Flash
Lazy Git
Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.

Device: iRex DR800S
Well the m-edge stuff has just been released to the market so I doubt that anyone has one yet. However I have just ordered a cover and light 2 minutes ago so I will give a comment in a few days when they arrive on this side of the pond.
Jumpn Jack Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2010, 11:12 AM   #3
musteman
Enthusiast
musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.musteman has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Thanks, I'll wait for your opinion before ordering mine then..I have tried a separated light that I have at home and I was surprised about the poor performance on the irex screen. The same light with the sony prs 505 screen works perfectly well (probably because its only 6 "") but on the 8 "" irex screen the results were quite bad...
Old 04-04-2010, 11:39 AM   #4
Jumpn Jack Flash
Lazy Git
Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.

I have only tried with a pretty poor energizer clip on light. I hope with the more specialized light that it will be better. Quote 'Optical lens spreads light evenly over device screen'

Have you tried diffusing the light through a folded clear plastic bag or sticking a very small bit of tape where the light comes out of the unit at its most intense.
I am sure others here can tell of better ways to lower the intensity and scatter the light without using a lens.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:01 PM   #5
bevdeforges
Addict
bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Sony PRS600B; Sony 350; Sony T-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpn Jack Flash View Post
Well the m-edge stuff has just been released to the market so I doubt that anyone has one yet. However I have just ordered a cover and light 2 minutes ago so I will give a comment in a few days when they arrive on this side of the pond.
I just got my M-Edge cover and light a couple weeks ago - and I was amazed at how fast it arrived. They shipped a day or so after I placed my order - and it arrived here in France in two days!!!

The light is actually quite nice to have. It struck me at first as a little "dark" - but I think that's because it's kind of blue in color. The light more or less fills the screen - takes a bit of playing with (since I have the Sony PRS-600, it takes a bit of positioning to avoid reflections) but I'm very happy with it.
bevdeforges is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2010, 03:33 PM   #6
musteman
Enthusiast

its good to hear that the light works quite well with your Sony. The problem is that with my "old" Sony prs 505 all the lights I've tried worked pretty well also. On the contrary, the Irex screen is bigger and the light did not cover enough "area" to have the same experience like the Sony.

What about the integration between the cover + light?? is too thick?? everything holds well?? the quality is as expected??

I have to admit the official cover + light from Sony was an amazing cover.. Perfect quality, perfect light and perfect design for the device. Not like the official "white cover" from Irex.....

Thanks for answering all these questions!!!
Old 04-06-2010, 06:46 AM   #7
Jumpn Jack Flash
Lazy Git

Beaten to it https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=11