Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #1
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Sigil Disappears when Screensaver/Lock Screen kicks in

Is it just me or does this happen to others?

I've got a Windows XP (SP3) machine that I use (it's not my main machine, but I do use it a lot).

If I leave Sigil running and then walk away from the machine until the screensaver/lock screen starts and then come back and unlock it, Sigil is no longer running. Checked task manager and there is no Sigil process running. If I had not saved the epub before this happens, I lose what I've done to it as it doesn't save before disappearing.

This happens every single time.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:10 AM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
What screen saver? Windows standard?

Doesn't happen on my Win7 machine, but they are not really comparable that way. I know that if I use the Lview screen saver the screen has artifacts when I come back and it doesn't happen with the Google one.

My condolences on the lost work!
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #3
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
What screen saver? Windows standard?

Doesn't happen on my Win7 machine, but they are not really comparable that way. I know that if I use the Lview screen saver the screen has artifacts when I come back and it doesn't happen with the Google one.

My condolences on the lost work!
Thanks, it was getting annoying when I forgot to save it.

Yep, just the standard windows ones in XP.

Never have this with 0.6.2 or earlier.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #4
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Noticed the same after waking Laptop which was gone into hibernation.
Also only since updating to 0.7.x.
Might this be a QT5 related problem?
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #5
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
It does seem like the kind of problem Qt would cause, doesn't it? And it is:

http://code.google.com/p/sigil/issues/detail?id=2032
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #6
ghostyjack
Guru

Looking at that issue, yep, that's it. Must remember to look at more that the open defect, otherwise I'd have seen that.

Well let's hope they fix Qt.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Does not happen if you just use a 'Blank' (10 Min) and turn OFF (power setting) on XP SP3

Screen Savers went out with early CRT's (poor Phosphor stability).

They Waste Power, use up Life of the (edge) backlight, and consume CPU cycles if you have a background task running (BOINC...)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #8
ghostyjack
Guru

True, but I cannot disable it due to it having Windows configured to be able to use in work, so the IT department have a set configuration that everyone must use or the machine will not be allowed to connect to the work network.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #9
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
True, but I cannot disable it due to it having Windows configured to be able to use in work, so the IT department have a set configuration that everyone must use or the machine will not be allowed to connect to the work network.
Sounds like some military/govm't brain child!! lol
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #10
ghostyjack
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Sounds like some military/govm't brain child!! lol
Nope, it's a Telco. I had more flexibility when I worked in the defence industry.

They like to make sure that everyone has the exact same user experience regardless of what machine is being used or what role the user is. I'm an IT test engineer, but they think that I should have they same access as a customer service rep answering the phones.

So I can't install any additional software to do my job (no text editors, no FTP clients, no terminal emulators, no IVR trace tools, etc), took 3 months of constant complaining from my department before they relented and opened up our access. As we can also work from home, we need to be able to VPN into the work network, but to be able to do that from our own PC's (which are generally more powerfull and easier for us to use), we need to install their user profile onto it to be able to log in.

I decided I wasn't going to contaminate my main desktop PC with their profile, so built a separate machine that I could use for this. But as it's also useful to use as a low-powered media/file editing box, hence my using it (used to do all my epub editing on an Atom machine, but since 64bit was dropped, it's become unusable).